• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper: Stop the Stadium from Being Overran on a Constant Basis

Seltzer

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

the stadium seems boring...overrun by  drunks and not particularly safe 

…and safety, to be clear,  is not something I ever worried about  i sadly do now.

This is interesting.  I lived up north for a long time and frankly was always very impressed with how civilized the experience was in Panthers stadium when I happened to attend a game during the holidays -- it was very noticeable, much different than other places.

Of particular note was the policy whereby one could text the section/seat for a person who was out of line and security would be on it right away, I mean right on it...had never seen this before (circa 2008 maybe?)...is this practice ongoing?

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

I’ve shared these issues with my representative for the seats they would need to tighten up an awful lot for me to go back there.  

What was their response?

Unfortunately the fan behavior inside Panthers stadium seem to be mirroring that of the broader society outside of it...

10 Year PSL owner here.

PSST. The "opposing fans" issue in Bank of America stadium? It's not because PSL Owners are selling their tickets. It's because Panthers' "fans" aren't buying them.

The choice to sell a ticket is objective. Ticketmaster is a platform without allegiances or fandom. Instead of trying to figure out how so many opposing fans got tickets, you need to start asking why Panthers fans aren't the ones buying those same tickets.

If you say to yourself "I'm not spending any money to go see the Panthers", THEN YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM. If you are one of those people who say "If I had Panthers' PSLs...". STOP RIGHT THERE. The Panthers are actively selling PSLs. I believe there was/is an advertisement for PSLs as low as $20/month. Go sign up. Are you hesitant to sign up because the Panthers suck right now? Fair. But don't complain about the number of opposing fans in the stadium then.

The product on the field, and the lack of perennial success (the Panthers still have not had back to back winning seasons. Ever.) combined with the fact that the Panthers have only been around for ~25 years all contribute to the current situation. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

11 minutes ago, zacka77ack said:

10 Year PSL owner here.

PSST. The "opposing fans" issue in Bank of America stadium? It's not because PSL Owners are selling their tickets. It's because Panthers' "fans" aren't buying them.

The choice to sell a ticket is objective. Ticketmaster is a platform without allegiances or fandom. Instead of trying to figure out how so many opposing fans got tickets, you need to start asking why Panthers fans aren't the ones buying those same tickets.

If you say to yourself "I'm not spending any money to go see the Panthers", THEN YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM. If you are one of those people who say "If I had Panthers' PSLs...". STOP RIGHT THERE. The Panthers are actively selling PSLs. I believe there was/is an advertisement for PSLs as low as $20/month. Go sign up. Are you hesitant to sign up because the Panthers suck right now? Fair. But don't complain about the number of opposing fans in the stadium then.

The product on the field, and the lack of perennial success (the Panthers still have not had back to back winning seasons. Ever.) combined with the fact that the Panthers have only been around for ~25 years all contribute to the current situation. 

Assuming you can get PSL for $20 per month (is that the license or the tickets?), you still have parking, food, gas and the cost of spending your entire Sunday getting to and from the game. Why would anyone want to do that when the team is putting guys like Sam Darnold out there? 

6 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Assuming you can get PSL for $20 per month (is that the license or the tickets?), you still have parking, food, gas and the cost of spending your entire Sunday getting to and from the game. Why would anyone want to do that when the team is putting guys like Sam Darnold out there? 

Exhibit A.

You, and anyone else who happens to own PSLs, are free to sell their individual game tickets to whomever they choose. How would you propose the owner controls that?

The team sells PSLs to whomever has the money to buy them. How do you propose the owner controls that?

Are you, as a PSL owner, going to eat your single game tickets if the only person wanting to buy them is a Bucs fan, let's say? Or are you going to try to recoup at least some of your loss by selling them to someone who will pay for them?

Was there, at some point yesterday, another sell out game announcement made? You think Tepper or any other owner gives a fug who is buying those sell out tickets?

We sold our PSLs after 17 seasons and I will freely admit I didn't ask, nor do I care, if the guy who bought them was/is a Panther fan.

This team never has a problem putting Panther fans in the stadium in droves when they're winning. The stadium is not 50% Patriot bandwagoners when the Panthers are winning.

Edited by Anybodyhome

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

You, and anyone else who happens to own PSLs, are free to sell their individual game tickets to whomever they choose. How would you propose the owner controls that?

The team sells PSLs to whomever has the money to buy them. How do you propose the owner controls that?

Are you, as a PSL owner, going to eat your single game tickets if the only person wanting to buy them is a Bucs fan, let's say? Or are you going to try to recoup at least some of your loss by selling them to someone who will pay for them?

Was there, at some point yesterday, another sell out game announcement made? You think Tepper or any other owner gives a fug who is buying those sell out tickets?

This isn't the point of your post, but I am pretty sure the sell out announcements have stopped. At least I don't recall hearing them this season.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I’ve noticed they actually haven’t been saying anything about this is the 100 straight sold out game. Are we not selling out anymore?

3 minutes ago, zacka77ack said:

This isn't the point of your post, but I am pretty sure the sell out announcements have stopped. At least I don't recall hearing them this season.

They don’t say anymore just like everything else being changed. Tepper is running this organization in the ground, and building a stupid place in Rock Hill that nobody cares about.

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

I’ve noticed they actually haven’t been saying anything about this is the 100 straight sold out game. Are we not selling out anymore?

When we owned PSLs, there were only about 5K tickets available for sale to the general public. They went on sale on Tuesday or Wednesday and were gone in minutes.

Unless there are more general admission tickets available and they're not being sold, I don't know how every game isn't a sell out.

Think about it- virtually every seat in the stadium is available as a PSL. 

Team has no stars that are really marketable outside of CMC and maybe someone on the defense but their personalities aren't like that really. QBs are the face of franchises now unless you have a HoF all timer like a Steve Smith to promote/be the face or Peppers who also wasn't like that personality wise...

There is basically 0 star power on the team and the ones that could be are silent protagonists 

9 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Most people aren’t spending their hard-earned money on a poo product. What compelling reason is there to do so?

PSL holders are spending their hard-earned money on the PSL...

...the incremental game-day spend hinges on a combination of the opponent and generally how the team is faring on the season.

This is normal.

This is also an incredibly attractive/effective model from an ownership perspective.