• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper: Stop the Stadium from Being Overran on a Constant Basis

Seltzer

1 minute ago, Riverboat Ron said:

My restaurant near the stadium was 90% Patriots fans for brunch Saturday and Sunday. Filled to capacity and we broke sales records both days. If we played in another city do you think Panthers fans would own everything for the weekend?

Maybe if we had 6 super bowl wins on our resume. Winning breeds that sort of thing.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, BrianS said:

Unpopular opinion:  This isn't David Tepper's fault.

The fact is that if PSL holders actually hung on to their tickets and went to the games, there wouldn't be any opposing fans in the stadium.  Unfortunately, PSL holders don't usually do that.  They are forced to buy the tickets, even if the product on the field is terrible.  Thus they are left with tickets to see a team play that isn't very good, so instead of showing up, they sell the tickets to recoup their money.

Yes, it would help if the team was good.  What would help more is if PSL holders would stop selling their tickets.

I am 80% sure you're not a PSL Owner.

I own 3 and found out I could not make it to any games the rest of 2021 after the Saints home game because of an obligation with my business on Sundays this year.

I listed my tickets on Craigslist, Facebook Panther groups, Riot exchange etc... All for face value (Including Tampa, Eagles, and Patriots. I had Panthers fans messaging me left and right... They all wanted to offer me ridiculous things such as "$80 for both" "$35 a ticket" "Haha, you won't get half that the day of the game." 

I got sick of it and listed all of my tickets on NFL TE. I got more for Tampa, Patriots, and Eagles then I paid for 6 home games.

I've went to 7/8 home games since 2013 in my PSLs, good and bad seasons I was at the games. I find out I can't go and Panthers fans insult me for wanting to just get back what I paid (When NFL TE was charging 2 times what I asked for the big 3 games). 

I'm not renewing after this season as I have found I enjoy the flexibility of just buying tix the day of the game. Somedays I want uppers, some days I want silver club. 

Unpopular opinion: It's not the PSL owners fault, it's the "fans" who insult us by not offering us even 75% of what we PAID for the tickets, then crying on Twitter and Carolinahuddle during 2015 because "The evil PSL Owners won't give me tix for face." 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

41 minutes ago, Chiefzack said:

I am 80% sure you're not a PSL Owner.

I own 3 and found out I could not make it to any games the rest of 2021 after the Saints home game because of an obligation with my business on Sundays this year.

I listed my tickets on Craigslist, Facebook Panther groups, Riot exchange etc... All for face value (Including Tampa, Eagles, and Patriots. I had Panthers fans messaging me left and right... They all wanted to offer me ridiculous things such as "$80 for both" "$35 a ticket" "Haha, you won't get half that the day of the game." 

I got sick of it and listed all of my tickets on NFL TE. I got more for Tampa, Patriots, and Eagles then I paid for 6 home games.

I've went to 7/8 home games since 2013 in my PSLs, good and bad seasons I was at the games. I find out I can't go and Panthers fans insult me for wanting to just get back what I paid (When NFL TE was charging 2 times what I asked for the big 3 games). 

I'm not renewing after this season as I have found I enjoy the flexibility of just buying tix the day of the game. Somedays I want uppers, some days I want silver club. 

Unpopular opinion: It's not the PSL owners fault, it's the "fans" who insult us by not offering us even 75% of what we PAID for the tickets, then crying on Twitter and Carolinahuddle during 2015 because "The evil PSL Owners won't give me tix for face." 

You're still missing the point and addressing this as a personal thing.  It's not.  It's just simple facts.

Over 60,000 of the 73,000 (or whatever it is today) seats in BoA are PSL's.  On game day, the only way you end up with a stadium overrun with away fans is if the VAST MAJORITY of those PSL owners sell their tickets.  There is no other way to put it.  It's not Patriots fans purchasing PSL's at our place, that's for sure.

If all 60,000 PSL owners put their asses in their seats on Sunday you have a massive Panthers ocean in BoA.  Even if all 13,000 of the remaining tickets go to the away team - which they would not.

All the hand wringing about Tepper allowing the stadium to be overrun with away fans is silly and misguided.  There are 60,000 people who can change that dynamic, and frankly they are the only ones who can. 

Unfortunately, the way PSL's work actively encourages them to act against the best interests of a team that wants a true home field advantage.  If you don't buy the tickets in the first place, you lose your investment.  If FOR ANY REASON you can't/won't/don't want to go to a game, you have no recourse but to try to recoup what money you can.  And you can't be picky if you want to do that.  I GET IT.

But that's not David Tepper's fault.  The only people to blame for the non-advantage of being at home are the PSL owners.  The only people who can fix the non-advantage of being at home are the PSL owners.

23 hours ago, X-Clown said:

As someone who’s had PSLs the better part of the last two decades and been to nearly every home game excluding last year, the only thing that’s different between this year and 2001 and 2010 is that many of the seats that were empty previously are filled by opposing fans.

There’s also another issue that people aren’t talking about and that’s last year when the overwhelming majority of PSL holders took the year off of tailgating/going to games because of the pandemic. How many people realized that they didn’t miss going through the routine to go to bad football games to spend a significant amount of discretionary income? 

This

On 11/9/2021 at 5:36 PM, BrianS said:

You're still missing the point and addressing this as a personal thing.  It's not.  It's just simple facts.

Over 60,000 of the 73,000 (or whatever it is today) seats in BoA are PSL's.  On game day, the only way you end up with a stadium overrun with away fans is if the VAST MAJORITY of those PSL owners sell their tickets.  There is no other way to put it.  It's not Patriots fans purchasing PSL's at our place, that's for sure.

If all 60,000 PSL owners put their asses in their seats on Sunday you have a massive Panthers ocean in BoA.  Even if all 13,000 of the remaining tickets go to the away team - which they would not.

All the hand wringing about Tepper allowing the stadium to be overrun with away fans is silly and misguided.  There are 60,000 people who can change that dynamic, and frankly they are the only ones who can. 

Unfortunately, the way PSL's work actively encourages them to act against the best interests of a team that wants a true home field advantage.  If you don't buy the tickets in the first place, you lose your investment.  If FOR ANY REASON you can't/won't/don't want to go to a game, you have no recourse but to try to recoup what money you can.  And you can't be picky if you want to do that.  I GET IT.

But that's not David Tepper's fault.  The only people to blame for the non-advantage of being at home are the PSL owners.  The only people who can fix the non-advantage of being at home are the PSL owners.

It sort of is though, as he could choose to do away with PSLs. 

Now, that's a way oversimplified statement and I'm sure would be a highly complex task. All I'm saying is that he as the owner is ultimately responsible for how the business is conducted, and if PSLs raise revenues but result in a lack of home field advantage as has been suggested, then that may seem to point at priorities 

At this point though PSLs are a thing ng in the NFL, with 17 teams having them and stadium revenue potential capped due to limited home games every year. Would be interesting to analyze if other PSL teams have any kind of effect on home win rate.

24 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Why the f*** would he ever want to do that?

It was the premise of the post I was responding to.

On 11/9/2021 at 5:36 PM, BrianS said:

Listen, this is gonna get pooed but whatever. Opposing fans aren’t an owner issue. It’s a fan base issue. This team is located in one of the fastest growing cities in the country. Those people bring allegiances with them. Time and success are the only things that will slowly thin the amount of opposing fans at home games. Everyone I know who is from Charlotte is a Panthers fan, but those who relocate will continue to buy one ticket a year for when their home team comes to town. Nothing Tepper can do about it.