• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy B I’m sorry, it wasn’t all your fault!

BurnNChinn

4 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

That’s about the most ludicrous thing I’ve ever read. 

Says a guy who watched our offense be able to move consistently between the 20's last season and finish middle of the pack. And now watching Sam Darnold's 3 and out fest for three hours and looking like one of if not the worst offense in the league and saying give me more of that. Lol

9 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Says a guy who watched our offense be able to move consistently between the 20's last season and finish middle of the pack. And now watching Sam Darnold's 3 and out fest for three hours and looking like one of if not the worst offense in the league and saying give me more of that. Lol

I don’t want either. But at least Darnold had an excuse. They’re both shitty QBs, and Bridgewater was about as responsible for moving up and down the field as the gd ball boy. Last year DJ and especially Robby knew how to catch and routinely bailed him out with great catches and lots of yac despite Bridgewater always throwing behind and/or otherwise barely catchable. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I don’t want either. But at least Darnold had an excuse. They’re both shitty QBs, and Bridgewater was about as responsible for moving up and down the field as the gd ball boy. Last year DJ and especially Robby knew how to catch and routinely bailed him out with great catches and lots of yac despite Bridgewater always throwing behind and/or otherwise barely catchable. 

Haha man please yeah it's DJ and Robbie fault lol. I'm sure if you asked them who they prefer throwing them the rock between the two; let's just say we know who it wouldn't be. 

Everything else being equal, keeping TB for one more year is better than eating the second year of his contract, while trading 3 picks and exercising the 5th year option on SD.

If you can't admit that you're not dealing with reality.

Speaking of reality, neither of these QBs stood a chance of being even half decent with Brady as the OC.  Not sure there is any QB that would.  Brady needs to go, ASAP.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Everything else being equal, keeping TB for one more year is better than eating the second year of his contract, while trading 3 picks and exercising the 5th year option on SD.

Yep and if you rewind that further, it would have been better to roll with Cam, Kyle Allen, or Taylor Heineke (or even Will f'n Grier) than signing Teddy to a 60 million dollar contract.  Certainly wouldn't have to pay that much to win 5 games.  Any of those guys could have done that.

This has been one error compounding after another.  And I'm almost certain they're about to compound it again with another one to replace Darnold.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan
  • Pie 3

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

Yep and if you rewind that further, it would have been better to roll with Cam, Kyle Allen, or Taylor Heineke than signing Teddy to a 60 million dollar contract.  Certainly wouldn't have to pay that much to win 5 games.  Any of those guys could have done that.

This has been one error compounding after another.  And I'm almost certain they're about to compound it again with another one to replace Darnold.

Moral of the Story:

When you find yourself in a hole, STOP digging!

Dig A Hole GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Yep and if you rewind that further, it would have been better to roll with Cam, Kyle Allen, or Taylor Heineke (or even Will f'n Grier) than signing Teddy to a 60 million dollar contract.  Certainly wouldn't have to pay that much to win 5 games.  Any of those guys could have done that.

Grier was always the correct answer 🙂

Actually they should have slow played the Cam situation.  "hey Cam, based on recent injuries we aren't comfortable giving you an extension.  You are welcome to look for a trade, if not you can play on the last year of your deal"

After that you go with Grier and we are still in this spot with a lot more cap space and draft picks.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

If you can't admit that you're not dealing with reality.

Speaking of reality, neither of these QBs stood a chance of being even half decent with Brady as the OC.  Not sure there is any QB that would.  Brady needs to go, ASAP.

Yea, can’t argue that. Both are trash. Would rather have trash and a 2nd rd pick than just trash

• Pie 1