• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

#1 PROBLEM

scratched

18 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Number 1 problem is Sam, he’s a cancer that makes everyone look worse 

This is what I originally posted..."With that said, Darnold still cant continue to make the mistakes he has been making. So he definitely isn't the answer." I am not defending Darnold, my point is, we need help up front before we put anybody else back there to run for there life! Also, we average 3.9 yds a carry... That puts us in the bottom 7 or 8 teams in the NFL!  It's really easy to put all the blame on the QB, and he deserves a ton of it. But we have a lot of problems on the offensive side of the ball.  We are ranked 29th in pass and run blocking! THAT GROUP IS TERRIBLE! This team also has 3 guys in top 10 of dropped passes this year. #1-RA, #3-DM, and #9-CH.. so once again I will say we have to start at the OL. We can all just agree to disagree and I'm good with that. 

Edited by scratched

32 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

The line gave up one sack yesterday and he had time when he threw the interceptions. He is scared in the pocket that’s why he rolls out and then he definitely can’t pass once he runs to side. This falls on him not line I’m sorry he sucks.

He was running for his life on one of them at a minimum 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2021 at 9:06 AM, scratched said:

The #1 issue to fix is the OL.... I don't care who you have behind this OL, they will not win!  Darnold has been put in another unfortunate situtation. He has NO protection and they cant run the ball either, so it's a double edged sword. With that said, Darnold still cant continue to make the mistakes he has been making. So he definitely isn't the answer. But please for the LOVE of GOD don't draft a QB to play behind this horrible OL. WE HAVE NO BUSINESS PAYING OR DRAFTING ANY QB UNTIL THIS OL IS FIXED... POINT BLANK PERIOD!!!

Just thought I would put this back out there..... OL is what we need before we pay ANY QB!!!!

38 minutes ago, scratched said:

Just thought I would put this back out there..... OL is what we need before we pay ANY QB!!!!

I disagree.  You go into every season trying to put together the best roster you can at every position.  Trying to put parts of a team in place before addressing other needs is sticking you head in the sand to injuries.  At any moment in time your perfectly assembled line that's now ready for a QB could be decimated, as we've seen with our line this year.  Starting 3rd stringers is going to be ugly on any team.  Also, you never know when you'll catch lightning in a bottle and have a team that plays beyond expectations.  Do we need oline upgrades?  Absolutely.  Do you forsake other needs until you have it?  Absolutely not.

2 minutes ago, Newtcase said:

I disagree.  You go into every season trying to put together the best roster you can at every position.  Trying to put parts of a team in place before addressing other needs is sticking you head in the sand to injuries.  At any moment in time your perfectly assembled line that's now ready for a QB could be decimated, as we've seen with our line this year.  Starting 3rd stringers is going to be ugly on any team.  Also, you never know when you'll catch lightning in a bottle and have a team that plays beyond expectations.  Do we need oline upgrades?  Absolutely.  Do you forsake other needs until you have it?  Absolutely not.

I think we need a new Offensive Coordinator that isn't as Predictable as the Sun Rising in the morning. 

8 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

I think we need a new Offensive Coordinator that isn't as Predictable as the Sun Rising in the morning. 

Nothing to argue here other than Brady might be slightly more predictable than the sun rising.  At least a sunrise can be obscured slightly by clouds.  The sun rises from different points on the horizon as the year advances.  Additionally in extreme latitudes there is no sunlight at all for much of the year.  These small deviations might just make the sun less predictable than Joe Brady.

Edited by Newtcase
  • Pie 1