• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prediction: time for Tepper to meddle

AU-panther

Everyone has been so worried about Tepper being one of those hands on owners that meddles in the day to day operations, a Jerry Jones or Snyder type.

If anything he has been the opposite, he has been more patient than most expected and he has seemed to stay out of the day to day operations and has let the "football people" make football decisions.

I think we have reached a point were he might set some directives.  Time to find a QB, enough with the experiments, everything we do from this point on should be for one goal, to find a franchise QB.

I'm not saying he will pick the actual QB in the draft but I think there will be a lot of pressure to draft a QB this year, which can be dangerous when you start talking yourself into someone, but we have reached that point.  Like I said he might not pick the actual QB but I could see a lot of people in the organization hoping it is Sam Howell.  Being a Carolina guy would be good for the fan base.

Lets be honest, best thing that could happen to this organization this year is to not win another game.  In reality that probably wont happen, defense is too good and there are some really bad teams in the league this year.  Drafting in that 6-10 range instead of that 12-16 range would be huge though, and even then might have to do a trade up.  I could see anyone on the roster being available as part of a trade up along with picks.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Madwolf said:

Bull. He's the one driving the QB at any cost, even if they're terrible bus. 

I don't think so.  I think Rhule, Hurney, Fitt, someone convinced him they coudl win now with these guys.

Tepper wants his Roethlisberger.  Franchise guy that you draft and he plays for you for 15 years.  A QB that you helps you win, not one that you win in spite of.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I’m ready for the meddling when it comes to finding a QB.

Agreed. We could have possibly had fields and just kept our 2nd and 4th picks which was very important to me. To top it off NOT paying sam darnold 18 million dollars next seasons. Crazy how many dominos dont fall with a simple change of direction. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

This makes no sense.  Whos job was it then? 

It was his job and he did it very poorly. Keeping Hurney as a crutch and hiring Rhule. All I was saying is that expecting Tepper to meddle in a positive way is a bit hopeful for me at this point.

Edited by Waldo