• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Meet Yesterday's Offensive Line

MHS831

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

LT:  When the former college C and professional backup G went down, we replaced him with Offensive G Daley. 

LG:  A good run blocker, Jordan is famous for being the guy in Cincinnati who whiffed on the block that led to the Burrow injury that ended his season in 2020--and he is named after a successful basketball player.

C:When Paradis went down with yet another injury, the Panthers resorted to a Baylor Bear who was not pursuing an NFL career until Rhule convinced him to join the Panthers.  A practice squad player turned active roster by default.  Remember, Elflein has experience at C and I think he was active. (not sure)

RG: A backup T.  So we had a G playing LT and a LT playing RG.  And everyone was OK with that?

RT:  Moton.

Any questions?

Yes, I'm curious why they did not try Moton at C?  I mean every other guy was a bad fit for the spots they were playing.  Why was he left out of the poo shuffle?

• Flames 1

46 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Christensen, who we were assured had been graded very highly, played a couple of snaps on special teams yesterday.

That's how bad we apparently are at assessing offensive line talent.

From the coach's room to the front office to the scouting department, Tepper has managed to put together one of the worst organizations in the NFL. We would be the Detroit Lions or the NY Jets if we didn't have some talent left over from the Rivera/Hurney drafts. 

I remember people laughing and pooing when I said if we didn't break five games this year that Rhule would be gone, contract or not. It not only doesn't sound unreasonable at this point, it sounds like a fuging good idea.

There is a reason we almost picked him in the 2nd but he dropped to the 3rd. 

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Wtf in holy hell is going on with the blocking in that clip?  Not a single person effectively blocked anyone there.  Sam sucks and not making excuses for him but what the hell is he supposed to do there?

nothing

its not just the QB that's the problem its the simple people who can only see that and no football knowlege who just keep saying Sam...its all they know

• Pie 1

This is what happens when you have a college coaching staff who believes in positional versatility and trying to find a diamond in the rough over watching gametape with their own eyes. I don't remember if it was Brady or Rhule but it was said they didn't even care to bother with game tape when they signed Erving and Elflein. They don't know how to evaluate oline or qb and we are toast because of it.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

nothing

its not just the QB that's the problem its the simple people who can only see that and no football knowlege who just keep saying Sam...its all they know

3 players broke through the line.  2 on the left and 1 on the right.  That was a bust from the jump.  The LT literally doesnt touch anyone.  Godalmighty

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

This is what happens when you have a college coaching staff who believes in positional versatility and trying to find a diamond in the rough over watching gametape with their own eyes. I don't remember if it was Brady or Rhule but it was said they didn't even care to bother with game tape when they signed Erving and Elflein. They don't know how to evaluate oline or qb and we are toast because of it.

Oh FFS I must have missed that one...

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

3 players broke through the line.  2 on the left and 1 on the right.  That was a bust from the jump

Right and you don't need twitter posts either. If you know football and just watch your own DVR or a22 you can see all the issues other than what toddlers know when they put those little kid helmets on watching games with you and be like "durr dat wuz a bad pass" like yea no poo that's not all to talk about.

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Wtf in holy hell is going on with the blocking in that clip?  Not a single person effectively blocked anyone there.  Sam sucks and not making excuses for him but what the hell is he supposed to do there?

The LT, C, and RG actually do something there. The RT completely whiffs everything. The LG just... disappears. Does nothing, and all of the protection is to the left, for a play that's a roll out to the right. Something just doesn't add up there.

Part of the blocking my be on the center, as they manage a lot of the blocking, but that's on Sam too. One good thing that Teddy did was pre-snap blocking and adjusting it.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

The LT, C, and RG actually do something there. The RT completely whiffs everything. The LG just... disappears. Does nothing, and all of the protection is to the left, for a play that's a roll out to the right. Something just doesn't add up there.

Part of the blocking my be on the center, as they manage a lot of the blocking, but that's on Sam too. One good thing that Teddy did was pre-snap blocking and adjusting it.

The LT literally doesnt hit anyone all play.  He kindof reaches out a couple of times but thats it.  Maybe that is common in a pass play but I kindof doubt it.