• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

From the Observer-Five college quarterbacks the Carolina Panthers could draft to help rescue them

ladypanther

On 11/10/2021 at 10:42 AM, Martin said:

Do you think their red flags were different from Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Justin Fields and Mac Jones? I don’t see much of a difference to be honest. But I don’t watch much college ball so you might have seen more of them play than me. 

Three of them have multiple years of strong performance (Howell, Stong, Corall). Last year were a lot of one year wonders.

Exactly. At this point last year nobody would have thought Wilzom and Lance would or should go 2 & 3 and they were correct in thinking that.

These guys are just S impressive if not more than them.

• Pie 1

Here are some draft profiles on his mobility. Not a runner, but doesn’t sound at all like a statue:

Strong’s arm is his most valuable physical tool, but the Nevada QB isn’t a liability as an athlete. Strong is more of a pocket passer, but he has some underrated mobility within his archetype. He has some definite short-range spryness and escapability in the pocket, and he also flashes limited off-script ability. He can cover ground with long strides and extend plays to the sideline if necessary.”

Strong is an average athlete with regard to mobility outside of the pocket. In the run game, he isn't much of a threat to the defense as a runner. Therefore, running many of the zone-read concepts with him would be problematic. The passing game is where he thrives. He’s more of a traditional pocket passer with very good arm strength and throws with a good base. He has the mental processing to make quick decisions. Nevada’s offense provides many opportunities for him to display his downfield accuracy. He has a good internal timer and he innately feels pressure on the backside. He has a quick release and easily gets the ball out of his hands from the gun to short throws. He goes through his progressions and will check it down when necessary. One of his best assets is his ability to take care of the football. Some of his turnovers in the exposures I’ve graded were situations where his receivers let him down. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

Exactly. At this point last year nobody would have thought Wilzom and Lance would or should go 2 & 3 and they were correct in thinking that.

These guys are just S impressive if not more than them.

No offense to you bro but this time last year everyone knew the big 4 were going to go high.  People were predicting 4 qbs in the top 4 picks and 5 in the top 10 if we took Mac.   This year its a huge unknown as none of these guys have separated themselves.  Maybe they will going forward but I doubt it, maybe they will at the combine and workouts but I doubt it.  There is no true consensus 1,2,3 etc.  Thats the problem IMO

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm hearing whispers that Sam Howell broke his collarbone on the final play of the game last night where the OL blocked literally no one. I have to point out the specific play since the OL blocking no one happened on most of the plays last night.

If that did happen it shouldn’t affect his career at all. Aaron Rodgers broke his several years ago. Having him sit out the rest of the season would prevent him from getting any serious injuries before the draft.