• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What has Cam done?

The Question

League has spoken for months about Cam. When the panthers cut him, no one jumped on him. One month or so later, Pats signed him for peanuts. Here is his stat line for last year- 2657 yards, 8 TDs, and 10 INTs, thats Darold's half year stat numbers.....He was missing five yards dink passes to RBs, he played like one of the 3 worst QB in the league. Same peanut contract this year and Mac "ankle lock" Jones beat him out. PERIOD. Its not 2015. League has spoken again, he got the clot shot more than one month ago and still on the barbers chair typing in egyptian hydrographics. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, NeederNodder said:

We've burned bridges in Carolina but it's insane how teams like Pittsburgh or Even New Orleans haven't made moves to get him. Any team with him on the roster could be a playoff contender.

Mac Jones was having to help Cam learn New England's playbook after Newton already had 2 offseasons and played the entire 2020 season in the system. Zero chance he'll be able to comprehend Payton's playbook enough to be a significant factor coming in off the street mid-season.

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

NO is fine with their backup, he’ll probably be their starter next year. Simmion or w/e. He’s fits the drew brees mold perfectly. Idk about pittsburg though? 

Eh, still think Wilson forces his way out of Seattle and we make a play for him. He's not bad in a pinch, but Siemian just isn't the guy long term.

5 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Mac Jones was having to help Cam learn New England's playbook after Newton already had 2 offseasons and played the entire 2020 season in the system. Zero chance he'll be able to comprehend Payton's playbook enough to be a significant factor coming in off the street mid-season.

Eh, still think Wilson forces his way out of Seattle and we make a play for him. He's not bad in a pinch, but Siemian just isn't the guy long term.

I doubt tepper would let the saints outbid him for Wilson or watson. We'll see though. 

Good to see you still coming around this dumpster fire.. Been a while 

Edited by uncfan888

10 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

I doubt tepper would let the saints outbid him for Wilson or watson. We'll see though. 

Good to see you still coming around this dumpster fire.. Been a while 

Thing is regardless of what Tepper can offer Seattle in compensation, Wilson would still have to waive his "no trade" clause for Seattle to send him to Carolina. His team has already stated the Saints are one of the 4 teams he's waive the clause for along with the Cowboys (Prescott), Bears (just drafted Fields), and the Raiders (Carr).

Barring any other darkhorses emerging, I'd believe it's between us and the Raiders presently.

And likewise, friend. I pop in from time to time but haven't been posting much, on any of the boards I visit. 😄

Edited by Iron Saint

1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

Thing is regardless of what Tepper can offer Seattle in compensation, Wilson would still have to waive his "no trade" clause for Seattle to send him to Carolina. His team has already stated the Saints are one of the 4 teams he's waive the clause for along with the Cowboys (Prescott), Bears (just drafted Fields), and the Raiders (Carr).

Barring any other darkhorses emerging, I'd believe it's between us and the Raiders presently.

And likewise, friend. I pop in from time to time but haven't been posting much, on any of the boards I visit. 😄

Yeah, I'm still holding out hope on us getting Watson. I'd rather have him than Wilson. Although Wilson in payton's offense is a scary thought

• Beer 1

Come, come now. THE only coach who knew how to use Cams skillset almost to perfection was Rod Chudzinsky.

Everyone since has been trying to fit a round peg in a square hole. Shula and NE were trying to make him comform to traditional this and that.

Newton is not and will not be traditional. Chud let Cam be Cam.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

League has spoken for months about Cam. When the panthers cut him, no one jumped on him. One month or so later, Pats signed him for peanuts. Here is his stat line for last year- 2657 yards, 8 TDs, and 10 INTs, thats Darold's half year stat numbers.....He was missing five yards dink passes to RBs, he played like one of the 3 worst QB in the league. Same peanut contract this year and Mac "ankle lock" Jones beat him out. PERIOD. Its not 2015. League has spoken again, he got the clot shot more than one month ago and still on the barbers chair typing in egyptian hydrographics. 

21 tds, 10 ints

• Pie 1

Cam is an easy target.

Doesn't deserve the hate. The Carolinas still love him though. That will never change.

Me, I'll always root for the underdog and he is that. He was never coddled nor carressed by the NFL like others.

Heck, Sam Darnold get ticky tacky flags thrown for him that Cam couldn't get if he'd been knocked the f' out.

Many factors have let Cam not to be signed. According to him he has got offers but is waiting for the right situation. Which is the right thing IMO, signing for a team like the Texans would push the narrative he’s washed.

Cam has a big personality no team will sign him as a backup. I believe Cam rubs Gm’s, coaches and front offices the wrong way. It’s already mid season he will have to learn a playbook pretty fast, and maybe coaches don’t believe Cam is a fast learner. Injury history. Cam hasn’t put up good tape in the recent years (I think it’s unfair to judge him with what was possibly the worst supporting cast ever)

Just now, Car123 said:

Why should he settle?

Because he's not a diva (supposedly) or LeBron James. If he wants to play (like he's said he wants to), then go play. It's what you like and want to do, no? Play, have fun, dab, make some money, then next season start from game one there or somewhere else and get that MVP again.

• Beer 1