• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers plan on meeting with Cam

ncfan

Just now, Mage said:

Damn.  I don't even care if he's good or not.  I'd rather have my favorite player of all-time sucking at QB than PJ Walker or Sam Darnold.

Same, but I'm telling you, he is still capable of some flashes of 2015.  He'll never be that again for a long, sustained period, but he is still a million times better than what we've fielded the last two years and capable of leading us to and through the playoffs.

And for those concerned about his safety, as an athlete, Cam can still protect himself.  

I CANT WAIT

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Hey Cam, you can come in and play for a couple weeks and then Matt will bench you for Sam at the end of the year.  Then we will dump you again.  How does that sound? 

I mean,  if that is the pitch but worded pretty?  

Cam should say no.  Then this front office will make Cam the bad guy. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

The tank people are just Anti-Cammers in tank clothing. Most of them haven't talked tanking until this was announced.

And honestly, that take is dumb as poo.  It's a fallacy that you can't build as you're winning.  We absolutely can, and Cam is the man to do it.

Just now, Catsfan69 said:

Another sensible question. 

How is he supposed to learn the offense?

Playbooks can be complicated, but for veteran players who have been around the league for years and years, it isn't THAT difficult to learn a new playbook.  Hardest part will be verbiage depending on how different it is in Brady's system vs others he's been in, but he'll surely be familiar with most concepts and stuff.  

IIRC Brett Favre signed with the Vikings super, super last minute in 2009 and was able to play immediately.  Some stuff might have to be dialed back, but in all likelihood Cam Newton would know enough to play.

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Same, but I'm telling you, he is still capable of some flashes of 2015.  He'll never be that again for a long, sustained period, but he is still a million times better than what we've fielded the last two years and capable of leading us to and through the playoffs.

And for those concerned about his safety, as an athlete, Cam can still protect himself.  

I CANT WAIT

I'll take 2018 check down Cam, he was playing 10x better than anyone we currently have

• Pie 1