• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers plan on meeting with Cam

ncfan

6 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Honestly, if anyone from the Panthers organization is watching, this board has been nothing but a doom and gloom bitchfest for the last few weeks to the point of being intolerable.

But this thread on a Thursday morning has over 200 comments in less than an hour, and the vast majority being excitement and positivity.

PANTHERS TAKE NOTE!

THIS IS A HUGE MARKETING WIN!

DO IT!!!

THEY KNOW.  SUPERMAN IS IN THE BUILDING TO SAVE THE DAY!!!

4 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

Newsflash: We weren’t winning poo with Darnold or PJ. At least Cam gives us a chance. If he fails we are no worse off for it. What’s the downside?

The downside is missing Corral or Howell 

You guys are already bitching about Fields and Jones.

1 minute ago, X-Clown said:

Newsflash: We weren’t winning poo with Darnold or PJ. At least Cam gives us a chance. If he fails we are no worse off for it. What’s the downside?

Cam will give us a few more wins no doubt. But not enough for the Playoffs. He's obviously better than Sam or PJ, how is that even a question. There is no downside either. It's just fan service. Like I said, it's great everyone is happy again, but it changes nothing. Still the same old Panthers. He is no savior ... but I do look forward to all the excuses he gets when things go poorly during games. One of the major things about Cam Fans I don't care for. He's too coddled by you lot. Just for once I'd like to see people be tough on the guy. Will never happen though. Anyway, looking forward to the game. It will be fun to see how it plays out.

Just now, rippadonn said:

He's still got it. Especially HERE. This will be a Cam Newton friendly offense for the first time since Chud.

No worries my man. Enjoy like it's our last.

That's fans wishful thinking.  This is a move to quiet angry fans and nothing more. It will not change the trajectory of the season.  We will be back to complaining about Cam being cut at the end of the season.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

That's fans wishful thinking.  This is a move to quiet angry fans and nothing more. It will not change the trajectory of the season.  We will be back to complaining about Cam being cut at the end of the season.

He will be the best QB we've had since Cam Newton.

I'm hyped!

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

If we use him like CMC early in the year, I am 100% with you. If we use him like CMC last game then I am very intrigued. Cam is older, I don't want to see young Cam. I want to see what I always wanted to see with Cam, an old man leading us to victory using his experience

The opportunity for that passed when he injured his shoulder.  He is no longer a threat in the passing game.  Fans need to accept that.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

He's not getting benched for Sam. That's crazy 

How about slightly different version.  Hey Cam, you want to come play a couple weeks? Then we are going to throw you back in the dumpster and roll with Sam Darnold and some folks next year? Sounds like a good deal for you? 

Yeah, I I think they make Cam an offer they know he refuses.  This is PR. Rhule looking like a chump and doing damage control.   People clowned him hard yesterday.   It shuts them up.  If not not, it will get worse and worse with the Cam calls.  Now he will get to say we tried guys, Cam didn’t want to play here. 

I mean I’d love to see him here.  No way Rhule and company are going to do him right.   And if he did take the bad offer, I’d probably hate to see the end of the story.