• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CAM NEWTON IS NOT THE ANSWER. THIS IS A MISTAKE.

kungfoodude

30 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Yeah that money could have been used for better o-line free agents, but now it's up in smoke with no benefit to the team. Zero benefit. Dumb move.

Good OL don't typically make it to FA. Charles Leno might be the top guy since I expect the guys above him to get re-signed.

"Offensive Line

1) Orlando Brown Jr., T, Kansas City Chiefs
2) Brandon Scherff, G, Washington Football Team
3) Terron Armstead, T, New Orleans Saints
4) Wyatt Teller, G, Cleveland Browns
5) Duane Brown, T, Seattle Seahawks
6) Charles Leno Jr., T, Washington Football Team
7) Riley Reiff, T, Cincinnati Bengals
8) Laken Tomlinson, G, San Francisco 49ers
9) Ben Jones, C, Tennessee Titans
10) Jason Peters, T, Chicago Bears"

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-nfl-free-agents-top-free-agents-by-position-available/

• Beer 2

Just now, Evil Hurney said:

Good OL don't typically make it to FA. Charles Leno might be the top guy since I expect the guys above him to get re-signed.

"Offensive Line

1) Orlando Brown Jr., T, Kansas City Chiefs
2) Brandon Scherff, G, Washington Football Team
3) Terron Armstead, T, New Orleans Saints
4) Wyatt Teller, G, Cleveland Browns
5) Duane Brown, T, Seattle Seahawks
6) Charles Leno Jr., T, Washington Football Team
7) Riley Reiff, T, Cincinnati Bengals
8) Laken Tomlinson, G, San Francisco 49ers
9) Ben Jones, C, Tennessee Titans
10) Jason Peters, T, Chicago Bears"

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-nfl-free-agents-top-free-agents-by-position-available/

Yeah there is no question about that, but it's hard to imagine that we couldn't improve the o-line at all with that Darnold money. You appear to be on top of free agency more than real Hurney ever was here.

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

Yeah that money could have been used for better o-line free agents, but now it's up in smoke with no benefit to the team. Zero benefit. Dumb move.

We don't have a cap problem. While I'm not on board with every move we've made, there were not and are not much in the way of viable o-linemen free agents. They MUST be drafted. 

17 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

We don't have a cap problem. While I'm not on board with every move we've made, there were not and are not much in the way of viable o-linemen free agents. They MUST be drafted. 

One group/spot/position that the league doesnt allow to hit free agency= OL

Especially LT. If a OL player you think is good hits free agency....thats a red flag. 

Rare exceptions like Norwell, but that was mainly cause Panthers chose to pay Turner top 3 money and it is very difficult to pay 2 OG top 3 money. Norwell has not lived up to his Jags contract either so....

Draft like you stated is the best/mainly only way...but many have gave up on that....which is WRONG!!

• Pie 1

When the Panthers inexplicably cut him in favor of Teddy Two Gloves and got rid of Rivera a year into a 3-4 rebuild I quit watching full games. You don't build a winner by doing people that way. A lot of people here were tired of Cam but most people knew a few things.

1. A quality, modern offensive coordinator

2. An offensive line. Since Jordan Gross retired, 3 GM's have now been in place and none of them have solved the offensive line since Gross retired. Cam was rhe Panthers offense for so long that Gettlemen and Co. Ignored obvious issues and whiffed on talent evaluations, wasting what should've been prime years of both Luke and Cam

I'm convinced that Cam could be a viable starter for another 6 seasons if the Panthers want to address the most important positions on an offense, the line. We will never get very far with this group, or any iteration we've had for the past five seasons. Tom Brady could be our quarterback and it not make a bit of difference if he can't be protected. 

So please, when Cam has a rough game, unlike you've done for Darnold, 0ut the blame where it lies.

• Beer 2

The way I see it..........with PJ the Panthers have about a 2% chance of making the playoffs........with Cam about a 6% chance of making the playoffs.

Cam does give them a better chance to win ......

....but that's like saying a 400lb person losing 100lbs has a better chance to making it to the Olympics as a sprinter. 

Willy Mays was the greatest all around baseball player I ever saw play in person during his peak with the Giants.................no so much when he had to come back and play with the Mets at the end of his time in the sport.

Edited by PghPanther