• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers agree to terms with Cam Newton.

Zod

4 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Go cry some more loser. Cam is back.

I'm not crying. I don't think he's the answer to a Championship. 

If he has ZERO potential at delivering a championship then he doesn't do any good.

At least Sam has the physical ability. Just have to fix his head. But you guys say his head is impossible to fix. If so they both don't belong.

• Poo 1

9 minutes ago, Michael G said:

Cam's pocket time in 2020 was longer than Darnold's this year, but I agree that he has the tools to hopefully handle that issue better. We'll see. I really hope so. 

Yes better oline but the worst receiving core for separation. Darnold is literally missing wide open receivers consistently that are schemed open. Cam never did that. 20 tds 12 picks for cam. The offense was just a run the fug out of the ball offense because their skill position players comprised of an undrafted fa as their #1. Worst tight ends in football. It was a mess. When Edelman was on the field he got the most yardage in one game in his career with Cam. Cam can still sling it he’s just not the generational arm strength he once was. I suspect he will give us a spark we desperately need. 

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

No excuses for Brady. Sam was the problem. If cam doesn’t play well it is what it is. 3 days without a single football snap with guys around him already in mid season form. It’s gonna be tough. 

Only the usual suspects are going to piss and moan about this

3 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

If he has ZERO potential at delivering a championship then he doesn't do any good.

At least Sam has the physical ability. Just have to fix his head. But you guys say his head is impossible to fix. If so they both don't belong.

Why such dislike for cam? 

3 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

You thought Darnold was. Just laugh out loud at you loser

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

No excuses for Brady. Sam was the problem. If cam doesn’t play well it is what it is. 3 days without a single football snap with guys around him already in mid season form. It’s gonna be tough. 

Yeah I think so too. Cam won't be perfect by any means... But tbh, he shouldn't need to be. We had a handful of decent drives the last couple weeks where the QB didn't need to do a damn thing, and instead gave the ball to the opposing team... So maybe with just a little bit of working Cam in can be enough. Cam is generally really good at protecting the ball (if you exclude his 2 post covid games, he had something like a 1.5% int rate. That's really good).

if we have to lean on him to win us the game through some multi score comeback, that's unreasonable and probably won't work out... But if we can stay even or pull ahead and ride our D I think Cam's athleticism and dynamic playmaking will be enough.

59 minutes ago, Captroop said:

I love Luke enough to say that I never want to see him ever play another down of football. Health and long life to the greatest LB in Panthers history.

I might even go as far as the greatest defensive player in Panthers history.  It's him or Peppers.