• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the first time in my life and in Carolina Panthers history…

Bronn

14 minutes ago, propagandamachine said:

Who cares if he only throws the ball 3 yards... i honeslty think he will be fine. 

The beauty of this though is that Cam has had the time to Heal... SHOCK THEM CAM SHOCK ALL OF THEM. 

Lets Go !!!! 

I don't think he probably will ever be the same, sadly. But we will see flashes and it will be Cam. After all we have been through at that position since unceremoniously dumping him in the dustbin, that's enough.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

My hope is that we can see 2018 Cam, minus the shoulder problems.  2018 was the season that finally put Cam on display as a consistent and successful passer.  His shoulder went downhill as the season wore on, yes, but it was obvious that something had fallen into place mentally for him and he was becoming the guy who could do it all, instead of the guy who made the jaw dropping athletic play.

• Pie 1

I woke up happy when the Panthers crossed my mind this morning. First time in awhile and you're right, win or lose it just feels right. We've seen Cam win us multiple games that we had no buissnes being in. If we just see flashes of that then it's good enough to me for the time being. The last two bums never showed that one time.

I like Cam the person and the football player. I didn’t care for Teddy or Darnold before they became Panthers and they sure as hell didn’t change my opinion of them as Panthers. 

Like I said in the main Cam thread, idc if he plays poorly or balls out, this team and organization are just more fun when he is apart of it. It just never sat right with me how it ended. Same went for Steve Smith. I’m happy and proud as a fan that they’re both back as a part of this franchise.

I hope this is the last last stop for Cam and he retires a Panther like he and we all deserve.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, propagandamachine said:

Who cares if he only throws the ball 3 yards... i honeslty think he will be fine. 

The beauty of this though is that Cam has had the time to Heal... SHOCK THEM CAM SHOCK ALL OF THEM. 

Lets Go !!!! 

Exactly!!! The man is only 32 years old. That is right in the prime for QBs. He’s had tons of time to work out, heal, and refine his game. I honestly expect him to come out and kick some ass. Maybe not RIGHT away, but once he gets settled in we should see that same old Cam Newton magic in Charlotte!

2 hours ago, Bronn said:

… I was ready to give it all up.

When we unceremoniously cut Steve Smith, it was a tough time. But I healed up for the most part.

When we unceremoniously cut Cam Newton, it has been tough ever since.

When Teddy B sat down with his old friends on the opponent’s bench in the middle of a bad season, I was disgusted.

When Sam completely fell apart I was dejected.

When the league handled Aaron Rodgers with kid’s gloves after the poo he pulled recently, I was ready to throw in the towel for good with the NFL.

And then the Panthers right one of the biggest wrongs they have ever done, and draw me right back in…

We could lose the rest of our games this year and it won’t matter to me. Some things are at least right once again in the world.

Welcome home, Cam.

Amen, brother.  Same.

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

This was before he signed here but yeah

Damn, I heard the Hawks thought about bringing him in, but I didn't know they actually offered him, but makes since bc Cam knew once Wilson was back, it would be his job.  Houston is intriguing because he definitely could've taken that job and kept it, but he didn't.

It's as if the stars all aligned perfectly for him to come back home.  As though it was always meant to be.  Because it was.  I dont know, I can't quite articulate it, but I think the reason it stuck with me so much was because I had this sneaky, underlying feeling that our time with Cam as our QB just wasn't done.  It felt like seeing him in New England was like seeing your friend on vacation (albeit a shitty one.  fug new england), but you knew they were coming back home.

This is so poetic.

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Damn, I heard the Hawks thought about bringing him in, but I didn't know they actually offered him, but makes since bc Cam knew once Wilson was back, it would be his job.  Houston is intriguing because he definitely could've taken that job and kept it, but he didn't.

It's as if the stars all aligned perfectly for him to come back home.  As though it was always meant to be.  Because it was.  I dont know, I can't quite articulate it, but I think the reason it stuck with me so much was because I had this sneaky, underlying feeling that our time with Cam as our QB just wasn't done.  It felt like seeing him in New England was like seeing your friend on vacation (albeit a shitty one.  fug new england), but you knew they were coming back home.

This is so poetic.

Houston would’ve been a very shitty place for him. But he was getting offers from teams. Good on him for sticking out for a better situation. Top 5 defense and playmakers on offense.

4 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Good on him for sticking out for a better situation. Top 5 defense and playmakers on offense.

And the city he knows, and loves.  Let's not forget all the many, many charitable events he created and personally participated in here.

That first time a kid in the EZ gets an NFL ball from Cam's hand will be some occasion.

Like so many of us, I hoped he'd somehow re-sign here, in order to retire a Panther.  But this accomplishes that, and hopefully also allows him to lead us to many more wins, and for many years.

He is not old, he is healthy, and he is dangerous and motivated.

• Pie 1