• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trading for CJ Henderson was a mistake.

hepcat

I’m just gonna go ahead and mark this trade under FAILURE. It was a total knee jerk move to replace Jaycee Horn and it has failed. 

CJ Henderson has barely seen the field and has been a healthy scratch on game days. Rumor has it he doesn’t care about football. When are we going to see this guy play? Next year? Never?

Meanwhile, Dan Arnold continues to improve on the Jaguars and had started developing a nice rapport with Sam Darnold. Also giving away a 3rd round pick stings even more. 

Keith Taylor is a rookie quickly ascending into starting caliber corner. AJ Bouye came back from his suspension and has played average. Rashaan Melvin has played similarly. And lest we forget they traded for Stephon Gilmore too. Henderson doesn’t fit in the CB room now.

I’d rather have that 3rd round pick and Dan Arnold right now. Side note I wish this team would throw resources at the offensive line like they have at cornerbacks 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 7

If he starts next year then it wasn’t a wasted pick as they looked at him as a long term project. His talent is through the roof, and unlike Sam….he does not have terrible film yet. They may be red shirting him this offseason to get him use to the defensive playbook in prep for next year. 

This is just me trying to be optimistic though…the warning signs are in place that it was a bad trade so far

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

At the time, it was not known that Gilmore was going to fall into their laps. The secondary is playing so well, both as a unit and individually, that there just isn't anywhere for him. 

He was a player they had ranked very highly. He was obviously in a shitty situation in Jacksonville. 

Depending on how he develops in practice, you have options moving forward with the contracts of Jackson, Gilmore, and Bouye. 

This is all for a third. If you truly had him ranked as a first, this is a brilliant move.

It will take time to fully judge this trade, and it'll be dependent on how he pans out. The panthers lose nothing now for giving up a 2022 third. If he turns into a legitimate starter, this looks like a steal. 

These are the kinds of forward thinking moves you should cheer on. 

Problem is they didn’t give up just a 3rd it was also a starting caliber TE that had chemistry with a shaky QB. For a guy who isn’t playing and might never play due to lack of desire or mental health.

My gripe is giving up yet another high draft pick for a reclamation project player. That’s a 2nd and a 4th for Darnold (failure) and a 3rd and starter for CJ Henderson. Two players dumped by the teams that drafted them. 

• Pie 1