• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Press Conference

trueblade

2 hours ago, BrianS said:

On one hand, I do understand why certain traditions may need to change in order to truly change the culture of a team.  It makes sense.  And there were some things in our culture that needed changing.

However, certain traditions SHOULD NOT.  EVER.  CHANGE.

Keep Pounding is one of those traditions that should be part of who we are forever.  There is no negativity associated with it whatsoever.  It was brought to us by a team legend.  The only player with a statue in fact.  It's one of our best, most meaningful and truly positive traditions.

Cam gets it.  If his return is what it takes to remind the entire organization about it he'll have done great things before he even steps on the field for us.

Did "Keep Pounding" go away? Am I missing something?

One thing people shouldn't need to be reminded of is where Cam was in 2018 before he was injured and Rivera didn't rest him as he should have. 

That presser was awesome. I was glad to hear him mention God. He has grown and it shows. Looking at him looks like he has found his true self. Always positive, but now seems wise. I get what he means about exodus. I had stop watching football altogether when Cam was cut by the patriots. Like some said he is my MJ in football. Just so great to watch. Keep pounding!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

That presser was awesome. I was glad to hear him mention God. He has grown and it shows. Looking at him looks like he has found his true self. Always positive, but now seems wise. I get what he means about exodus. I had stop watching football altogether when Cam was cut by the patriots. Like some said he is my MJ in football. Just so great to watch. Keep pounding!

Yup. He didn't have that here. I always felt he was searching. He said every minute of his day was planned to the t until it wasn't, he was just a dad.

That man has grown… his demeanor, mannerisms, the way he speaks is almost completely different, he seems humbled & wiser.  Looking forward to seeing QB1 in our jersey again….

Loved the last remark, “..been waiting to say this…” hopefully Tepper takes notice & realizes what it means to us….

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

His confidence and demeanor must be driving Rhule crazy. I think Cam knows it's bigger than this coaching staff who will be gone and old news eventually, small hiccup in his legacy.  He'll have his Jersey retired and continue his foundations etc..

Certainly is. I believe now that Rhule wanted Cam gone so he wouldn't have to compete with him to be "The Man" in the building because he's used to being the alpha dog of the program in college. But there isn't really any NFL coach that is the top dog of his franchise other than maybe Belichick. The best players on the team are the top dogs.

• Beer 3

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When he comes out of that tunnel at BOA Panthers fans wall to wall going ape poo, then maybe then Tepper will realize what Cam meant to this franchise. Maybe Cam will be able to share with him what Keep Pounding has meant to this franchise. Maybe he'll realize that trying to scrap all the traditions played a big role in why we just played an away game vs. the Pats at BOA.

When he come thru that smoke and they scream that 1 .. I might punch a rival fan while screaming... 

• Flames 5