• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Press Conference

trueblade

With all the bad sht that's happened in the world, this may be small but I haven't been so blindsided by something joyful and hopeful in a long long time.

It's like you've woken up in a dream world a world where wrongs are righted again. People are joyful. Can't take this feeling for granted. Enjoy like it's your last and KEEP POUNDING!

• Pie 2
  • Flames 4

2 minutes ago, Everfrost said:

I'm glad he is back and I hope he does well. What is up with his eyes though kids keeping him up?

I would guess it's from staring at a computer screen from a distance.  It looked to me like he was trying to focus on who he was speaking to.

Edited by Jon Snow

52 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When he comes out of that tunnel at BOA Panthers fans wall to wall going ape poo, then maybe then Tepper will realize what Cam meant to this franchise. Maybe Cam will be able to share with him what Keep Pounding has meant to this franchise. Maybe he'll realize that trying to scrap all the traditions played a big role in why we just played an away game vs. the Pats at BOA.

On one hand, I do understand why certain traditions may need to change in order to truly change the culture of a team.  It makes sense.  And there were some things in our culture that needed changing.

However, certain traditions SHOULD NOT.  EVER.  CHANGE.

Keep Pounding is one of those traditions that should be part of who we are forever.  There is no negativity associated with it whatsoever.  It was brought to us by a team legend.  The only player with a statue in fact.  It's one of our best, most meaningful and truly positive traditions.

Cam gets it.  If his return is what it takes to remind the entire organization about it he'll have done great things before he even steps on the field for us.

3 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

@kungfoodude

I told you dude! Robbie rode in with Cam to practice! That man was crushed when they brought in Sam Darnold. Just like that, his demeanor has changed already as he was smiling riding on the cart with Cam to practice. Hopefully his body language and effort is going to change on the field. 

poo...told me??? I for sure believe that the WR corps is much happier now.

14 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

poo...told me??? I for sure believe that the WR corps is much happier now.

He may have mixed us up since I think Robby is responsible for his crap play and haven't been afraid to say so.  I hope he (Robby) brings his A game because if we're gonna make something of this season a big part of it is Robby learning to catch... And Cam, as awesome as he is, has always needed receivers ready to catch the heat he throws. It's time for Robby to earn his paycheck.

• Beer 1