• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

O-Line not as bad as we thought, neither is Brady, which leaves....

Dragoon11

20 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Matt Rhule said in his presser they had a couple of playaction deep shots in the game plan for Walker but as the game transpired they realized they didn't need to take them and kept it conservative. You can win alot of ball games in the NFL when you have a good defense and the offense can play complimentary and protect the football.

PJ for the most part made the right decision and got he ball out quick which aided the offensive line performance. We scored the highest point total of the season because we were able to take what the defense gave us. That's a great recipe for success going forward. 

If you take away CMC, PJ performance was awful. There's no way to tell if getting those PAs in would have helped PJ's stats line.
I agree with you, he gave us a chance. That was enough on sunday.
I'm not sure it will be enough when the D# is not playing at an elite level.

1 hour ago, Al Morgan said:

If you take away CMC, PJ performance was awful. There's no way to tell if getting those PAs in would have helped PJ's stats line.

Cardinals are a top 5 defense.   PJ's performance wasn't awful no matter the mental gymnastics to make it so. 

Patrick Mahomes was just okay last night if you take away Kelce and Hill. 

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Can't wait for his next offseason thread about how if we can just fix Darnold's mechanics we have a franchise QB.

2 hours ago, Pantherxtreme said:

But first we gotta tank this season, and then draft all offensive linemen in the draft and also ship Robby out of here and get better receivers then we will ready to win with Sam. 

I mean he is essentially a rookie! The o-line didn't even give up one single sack! Wow, it's amazing what competent QB play can do for an offensive line!

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Al Morgan said:

Or maybe the plan was to focus on CMC because they knew they could get favorable matchups, with a couple of extra checkdowns and the like going his way. Dude was only in on 59% of the offensive snaps, so this game wasn't the days of old where it was Christian every single play.

What a lot of you MMQB's are failing to either understand or acknowledge about this entire situation is that you're only able to pat yourselves on the backs this morning because the team was willing to eat poo and own up to its mistakes. THAT is the 'culture' that a lot of you are dragging/mocking in your threads. 

When Ron was here, he'd beat his team against a rock until it was bloody pulp rather than change course, and in the off chance that he made a change, it was in the last quarter of the season when it didn't matter anyway. 

Tepper, Rhule and Fitterer are going to make mistakes, and probably some more big ones, but they're willing to own up to them and change course quickly. That type of decision-making typically means more small mistakes in order to avoid the bigger ones. Let's hope that the Cam->Teddy->Sam->Cam fiasco is the biggest one ever. 

• Pie 3

Said this in another thread, but it seem relevant here.

The offense we ran against the Cardinals was eerily similar to the one we ran the first three weeks. 10 of PJ's 22 completions were dump offs to CMC. CMC had 23 touches (and he would have had more had the game been closer) That game plan got us to 3-0, including a win over the Saints. It also got CMC to IR. 

In a lot of ways, yesterday reminded me of that Saints game. We beat a really good, but somewhat injury depleted team. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Cardinals are a top 5 defense.   PJ's performance wasn't awful no matter the mental gymnastics to make it so. 

Patrick Mahomes was just okay last night if you take away Kelce and Hill. 

Are you really comparing Mahomes' stats line with PJ? Even taking away Kelce and Hill's reception, that's still better than the full PJ.
He was good enough to not lose the game, unlike what Darnold did in the previous weeks. Still, even if it was "good enough", it's not good for the 2021 NFL standards (as far as stats are concerned).
No gymnstatics involved.
As long as the Panthers win, I'm ok with PJ, Sam or even Matt Barkley under center.

15 hours ago, Fox007 said:

This isn't the same OL set up...so yes the original OL is as bad as we know. Not think but know. Paradis not letting his guy through for free each play makes a huge difference.

I never said the same, but it is the Panthers current O-line. A lot of those guys have been in the rotation throughout the year. Whether through injury, or by accident, Panthers, at least for this game seemed to have found the right combination. Cardinals have a pretty stout defensive front.

We'll see how they hold up and cross our fingers that they can stay healthy, because currently we do not have a lot of depth on the O-line.

Edited by Dragoon11