• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So about Jaycee Horn… any official updates?

TheBigKat

8 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I never thought I’d say this but if you had to choose between the two you take Gilmore even tho djax is much younger. We just have so many talented corners that it makes up for the loss of djax and having Gilmore as the steady vet. who btw is playing lights out like maybe the best player on our team. He is erasing whoever he is up against. 

I think Taylor is going to be a player for us. He’s shown shutdown traits just needs more playing time and experience. And hopefully cj comes along nicely as well. He played well yesterday.

Agreed. I love Jackson but Gilmore is an elite corner and hands down the best defender on the team. Actually, he is the best player on our team period(all due respect to CMC).

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

48 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

God we have some tough decisions at CB and I hate to lose any of them at all. They all have value in some similar and some different ways. Gilmore still seems to have it and Jackson has been wonderful this year as well as a good leader. He has grown by leaps and bounds but unfortunately something tells me Jackson gets a HUGE deal and leaves us behind. I believe Jackson continues to play well and will really help another team in the future but unfortunately I don't think it will be us. He will be sorely missed.

I dont think we actually do. We have CJ, Chinn and Horn all on rookie deals. 

Gilmore is 31 so sign him to a 3 year deal. 

DJack I would sign to align with Horns rookie contract (4 year deal) then you can make the decision on 1 of them in the future. 

I actually think the timing of all of this works out very well. You can resign everyone now and kick that can down the road. We will know in 3 or 4 years if Henderson and Horn are who we thought they were. 

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Resign Gilmore and Jackson. Admit it was a mistake to draft Horn and trade him to someone for a first rounder. Too easy. 

1st off this isn't madden. 

2nd Horn looked really good when he was playing. His college resume backs that up. We were lucky we stumbled into CJ and Gilmore. We have a strength at this position which benefits our pass rush. Lets not mess with that. 

16 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

1st off this isn't madden. 

2nd Horn looked really good when he was playing. His college resume backs that up. We were lucky we stumbled into CJ and Gilmore. We have a strength at this position which benefits our pass rush. Lets not mess with that. 

Haven’t played Madden since high school. 

Just now, CanadianCat said:

Do you think Horn was a reactionary pick to Pitts?

Not 100% but it was reported/repeated ad nauseam that Horn did cover him EXTREMELY well in college and that played a role in his drafting. Outside the fact that he’s a damn good player.

Regardless, my post was a half hearted poo post. Don’t read too much into it.

• Pie 1