• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How did Elflein look at center?

Zod

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

It's crazy and I totally Blame Rhule for his evaluation of talent.. Especially QB.. Even with Clausen as bad as he was.. Defense weren't playing us liked they did with Sam... They literally had no fear that he could beat them with the pass or find a open WR... They Jumped every play.. I  blamed DJ for the Hit on robby for not running his route with more conviction.. But now I believe he could have ran that as fast as possible.. And the DB still wouldn't believe it.. Because Sam can't read defenses...

I'm starting to believe Rhule evaluate player on their personality and think he can make a good guy a football player..

I literally can't wrap my head around the dichotomy of player evaluations that we see from this staff. You look at QB and OL and they seem to have absolutely no idea what they are even looking at. Then you see the defensive personnel and they make some shrewd signings.

It's hard to fathom what is really going on behind the scenes. Especially when you see they somehow talked themselves into Sam Darnold. I am reminded of the quote Rhule made with something to the effect of "....we didn't really make our evaluation based on tape." This was in reference to Darnold and I am sure that isn't an accurate quote but something along those lines. And I remember thinking, "Wait....you made a player evaluation NOT based on tape?? WTF?"

Things like that make me believe there is some group think going on in the organization. Too many people not being critical of personnel choices.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

Any idea why Brady isn't getting any run right now?  Daley had two holding calls and a false start yesterday, really killed the momentum on a few drives.

I thought one of his was bolgana yesterday in his defense.  First one. Those refs were calling it too tight.   DJ's offensive PT too.  

26 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I literally can't wrap my head around the dichotomy of player evaluations that we see from this staff. You look at QB and OL and they seem to have absolutely no idea what they are even looking at. Then you see the defensive personnel and they make some shrewd signings.

It's hard to fathom what is really going on behind the scenes. Especially when you see they somehow talked themselves into Sam Darnold. I am reminded of the quote Rhule made with something to the effect of "....we didn't really make our evaluation based on tape." This was in reference to Darnold and I am sure that isn't an accurate quote but something along those lines. And I remember thinking, "Wait....you made a player evaluation NOT based on tape?? WTF?"

Things like that make me believe there is some group think going on in the organization. Too many people not being critical of personnel choices.

The player evaluation from offense to defense is night and day... Other then Robbie, Tremble, and maybe Chubba.. They have been either wrong or incomplete on who they've added on Offense.. But defense they are dam near batting 100 no matter FA or Draft.. And I have no clue why it's so different..

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

The player evaluation from offense to defense is night and day... Other then Robbie, Tremble, and maybe Chubba.. They have been either wrong or incomplete on who they've added on Offense.. But defense they are dam near batting 100 no matter FA or Draft.. And I have no clue why it's so different..

I know. It boggles the mind. We need to wrest control away from someone or bolster our FO/scouting department. 

I know we can't continue to poo the bed every offseason and draft on that side of the ball.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I know. It boggles the mind. We need to wrest control away from someone or bolster our FO/scouting department. 

I know we can't continue to poo the bed every offseason and draft on that side of the ball.

Is it not enough offensive minded ppl in the organization??

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Is it not enough offensive minded ppl in the organization??

I mean....maybe? I would have to sit down with an org chart and look at personnel histories but even then I am not sure if that would tell the story.

Some things we just can't ultimately know. I know Rhule is The Guy on all personnel decisions so the buck ultimately stops there.

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Technically the person causing all the problems is Matt Rhule.

But, yes, Sam had a lot to do with the inept run game because no defense feared us in the passing game. Made us easy to defend.

You think they feared PJ Walker? It's not anyone's fault except the guy that's playing the position at Center. He was replaced with someone better thus we did better. Even the OLD stats back that up. Your obsession with Darnald is a bit worrying. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

PJ was getting the ball out on time and had rhythm with his receivers. Do you think it's just a coincidence we ran all those slants and Robby Anderson suddenly had great hands again?

There is getting the ball out on time and there is getting blown up because your Center didn't block. Both were the problem and both were replaced. See how that works now? Hopefully you can keep up with that concept but I'm not betting on it. 

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, RJK said:

Not only was the bull rush kept out of PJs face but elf was actually getting to the second level in the run game. Whereas paradis would just stand around the pile helping guys up  all game 

Well if Darnald would have given him a shoulder rub he probably would have been better. Totally Darnalds fault der hur. 

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean....maybe? I would have to sit down with an org chart and look at personnel histories but even then I am not sure if that would tell the story.

Some things we just can't ultimately know. I know Rhule is The Guy on all personnel decisions so the buck ultimately stops there.

Also, you've got a guy with a TREMENDOUS amount of coaching experience on the defensive side of the ball as well.  Phil Snow started coaching defense at the high school level in 1976.  He was Boise State's DC in 1983.  Think about that for a minute.

Bottom line is that Snow has seen so much, that his evaluations probably mean more.  We already know Rhule trusts Snow implicitly.  Joe Brady?  I dunno, he may be bright and a good play designer, but he just doesn't have the experience.

That's all I can come up with.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

You think they feared PJ Walker? It's not anyone's fault except the guy that's playing the position at Center. He was replaced with someone better thus we did better. Even the OLD stats back that up. Your obsession with Darnald is a bit worrying. 

You literally have one data point. That isn't how stats work.

I can't help you see what you just don't want to see.

5 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Also, you've got a guy with a TREMENDOUS amount of coaching experience on the defensive side of the ball as well.  Phil Snow started coaching defense at the high school level in 1976.  He was Boise State's DC in 1983.  Think about that for a minute.

Bottom line is that Snow has seen so much, that his evaluations probably mean more.  We already know Rhule trusts Snow implicitly.  Joe Brady?  I dunno, he may be bright and a good play designer, but he just doesn't have the experience.

That's all I can come up with.

Well we do have the story of Snow and the defensive staff being the ones that pointed out Darnold to Rhule and compared him to the guy they were actually after, Matt Stafford.

Maybe that is a start. Don't trust your career defensive guys with offensive personnel evaluations. 

• Pie 1