• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First Take - Cam is a Box Office Move

CPcavedweller

18 hours ago, KillaCamNewton said:

It was a football move. Were a team that struggles in the red zone and added the greatest red zone threat of all time

they arent wrong about the box office effect at least though. Theres a reason tickets for sunday in the 500 level are selling for $200 a piece now when they were $20 two weeks ago, and I can tell you the return of RiverRaft Ron isnt the reason

I have 2 tickets in the 500 level, they’re yours for $400.14B23FF1-825B-4E92-B3E2-162BE9E8D002.thumb.jpeg.93986db0bc6feb118eb01b8bf5aa6684.jpeg

Cam was the only answer after Sam went down, what other QBs could we have got? Nevertheless, its a huge upgrade and its was a right call for many reasons. PJ has a shot to be QB2 after the Cards game which is surprising too.

Seemed like the last three days have turned things around, the D is elite, special teams doing well and well rested Cam is back. It was the right move for the team and the fans.

20 hours ago, KillaCamNewton said:

You right. Sorry still drunk AF after yesterday. Got my tickets expecting to watch Chandler Jones put Sam Darnold in the hospital and within 10 minutes got to see 2 Cam TDs. Have a torn labrum Ive been dealing with and definitely made it worse jumping up after the 1st TD but definitely worth it

6E6BD5ED-94C5-4168-A422-6E8C47D8F4FE.jpeg

Ha ha I was sitting right behind you with my brother and two sons. We were high fiving you guys a lot.

Man you guys are worrying yourself over this move. No one knows if this move is good for more than a few games, a few seasons or not at all. Cam played 5 snaps this past week and the last time he played a full season he looked bad more than he did good. A few full games in you will know what we have and no sooner than that. Take a rest. 

On 11/15/2021 at 10:41 AM, CPcavedweller said:

Do they not know that the Panthers have PSL's and are sold out every game? The ticket revenue is in hand so no, this isn't about tickets. This is about capitalizing on having a Top 5 defense, Christian McCaffrey, DJ Moore, Anderson, our right tackle, etc. It's about having an ROI measured in wins. If Tepper wanted a losing team, he wouldn't be paying guys. 

Sure, they may pocket some cash from jersey sales but it's miniscule compared to what they pocket by WINNING.

Cam was brought here to win and Stephen A. Smith is a tool on this topic. I like him, I like his show, but he seems to firmly believe in what he is saying here and it's beyond idiotic.

Seat revenue might be similar but merchandising, food revenues etc were going to take a huge hit and the stands would be empty of Panther fans. This was a win for Tepper whether we win or not. No one knows if Cam still has it or not but now he will get a chance. But for Tepper it is a  no lose situation to bring him in.

On 11/15/2021 at 10:30 AM, KillaCamNewton said:

It was a football move. Were a team that struggles in the red zone and added the greatest red zone threat of all time

they arent wrong about the box office effect at least though. Theres a reason tickets for sunday in the 500 level are selling for $200 a piece now when they were $20 two weeks ago, and I can tell you the return of RiverRaft Ron isnt the reason

Yeah but its not like Tepper or the Panthers get any of that money.  As far as they're concerned those tickets were already sold. 

5 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

It is a lot easier to leverage a new stadium if there is excitement around the team.  I think it is both a box office and box score move, which is the best kind.

I for one don’t want another stadium I like the one we have. Last couple games I’ve been to the opposing fans have said it’s awesome.

5 hours ago, ickmule said:

Man you guys are worrying yourself over this move. No one knows if this move is good for more than a few games, a few seasons or not at all. Cam played 5 snaps this past week and the last time he played a full season he looked bad more than he did good. A few full games in you will know what we have and no sooner than that. Take a rest. 

You aren't this level headed when people are all in on burn the whole thing down and fire everybody. The optimists have every right to enjoy good times the way you enjoy failure.