• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bought a ticket on here now user stopped replying to me - any ideas?

jb2288

I bought a ticket from @Jai. on here a couple months back for the WFT game. Seems like a really nice dude, but now I can't get a reply on here when I DM him and his phone has been disconnected or I was blocked. Not really sure what I'm trying to accomplish here but I guess hoping he sees this and responds. I already bought flights (non refundable) and hotel for this weekend so really hope he comes through with the 2 tickets I already paid him for. Mods, sorry if not allowed, just wasn't sure how else to try to get his attention. 

Again, seems like a really good dude from when we initially talked so not bashing, I'm sure he has a valid reason. Just trying to get his attention with a post tag since DM isn't working. 

Edited by jb2288

He was on here today. It looks like you got scammed but you never know. Dude could be having a personal issue. He did mention he is selling tickets because of a health issue with his mother. But the blocked phone number leads me to scammer.

It looks like others bought tickets so maybe ask them if they got the tix.

You can either write it off as a lesson learned or do some simple digging. You have a phone number at least.

Either way it sucks.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

How did you pay?  Depending on the method, you might be able to get some sort of refund.  Or at least get him marked as a scammer, assuming he doesn't come thru with the ticket.  

I did Venmo so probably won't be able to get a refund unfortunately but hopefully he can just come through. Buying 2 tickets next to each other now would be tough and way more expensive than they were pre Cam haha 

24 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, he has been around since 2008.   So he isn't a new account.  Hopefully, it was just poor communication and he will be in touch with you shortly.    

fingers crossed! seemed like a good genuine dude when we first spoke. just need to know if i need to go on ticketmaster and start looking for new tickets haha

3 minutes ago, onmyown said:

reason he hasn’t responded for months? despite recently posting?

you guys are sweet but lol

no

why would you wait two months to receive tickets am i missing something

he should be banned for using this site to scam.

When I purchased he mentioned he pays his PSL monthly and he doesn't get the tickets for that month until the monthly invoice is paid. Seemed to make sense to me and his account is 8 years old so I was ok with trusting that reasoning.