• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we sneak into the playoffs...

TheRumGone

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I'm as optimistic as you can get on this forum but, our schedule is brutal with two games against TB and ,NO and Buffalo.  We're, at minimum, going to have to win at least two of these.  And we can't let WFT, Atlanta, or Miami screw it up for us.

It's a big task since we seem to brain fart games we should win. 

The only thing going well for us is that the wildcard, at the current pace, is going to be a 9-8 team. 

The thing is, though.....Tampa, NO and Buffalo aren't as scary as they once were. There are definitely weaknesses to exploit in all those teams. Plus....we already beat New Orleans.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The thing is, though.....Tampa, NO and Buffalo aren't as scary as they once were. There are definitely weaknesses to exploit in all those teams. Plus....we already beat New Orleans.

Thank you for saying that again! TB is not Tampa from last year plus they have NO DEFENSE, Trevor ain't gone beat our defense. We just need our offense to keep pace in games which I think they can now that Darnold is not under center. Sam Darnold always looked confused on the field and in the press conference. Like dude day dreaming about playing space rangers or something

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

This division is still very winnable. Father Time seems to finally be catching up to Brady. They are far from invincible. They also still have to play Buffalo. We could lose to Buffalo and still win the South. That is probably the only game we can afford to lose though. I'm trying to not get too amped up though. We honestly have no idea wha

1 minute ago, BrewerHouseBeer said:

Accidentally hit submit reply on my previous post. Haha

*what to expect from Cam. He could be very rusty. He also could be lights out. Thankfully he has WFT, Miami, a bye and ATL to get back in the swing of things. It's awesome though to finally have something to be excited about. 

I understand all the concern about Cam right now but I'll still take a rusty Cam over whatever the hell we got on the bench Sam obviously can't get it done and PJ is horrible in the RedZone

• Beer 1

38 minutes ago, 95Panthers4Ever said:

Thank you for saying that again! TB is not Tampa from last year plus they have NO DEFENSE, Trevor ain't gone beat our defense. We just need our offense to keep pace in games which I think they can now that Darnold is not under center. Sam Darnold always looked confused on the field and in the press conference. Like dude day dreaming about playing space rangers or something

Well, Tampa isn't a BAD defense. They are still top 10 in yds/game. However, their pass defense is very suspect, they are middle of the pack in points allowed, and bottom 10 in adjusted sack rate. They do force a lot of INT's for being a suspect defense. That is something we have to watch against them. Thankfully the scourge of Sam Darnold is lifted but PJ is careless with the ball, as well.

I don't think it should be too much to ask to split with Tampa with our defense.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

Ill check back in on this overreaction thread sunday at 4:30. Nfl is wide open for gamblers to fail

It’s why I said IF we make the playoffs. This defense is one you don’t want to see there. The hope is we make some sort of run like Manning’s last year in Denver with that defense or the Seahawks legion of boom with 2nd year RW/ Marshawn with the #19th ranked oline. When you have a nasty defense like we have this year there is nothing wrong with hoping for these types of runs.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, 95Panthers4Ever said:

Lol who are you? 

10 hours ago, 95Panthers4Ever said:

I absolutely love this great explanation of how things were supposed to be if Sam could've moved the damn ball. My 10yr old can throw better than him. And those ungodly intentional groundings 

I've never seen a QB have more intentional grounding penalties in my life....that and then him just chucking the ball into someones feet, or spazzing out and just throwing it up.  Hes truly a terrible QB.  Something in his head is broken and I don't think it can be fixed easily. 

22 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

It’s why I said IF we make the playoffs. This defense is one you don’t want to see there. The hope is we make some sort of run like Manning’s last year in Denver with that defense or the Seahawks legion of boom with 2nd year RW/ Marshawn with the #19th ranked oline. When you have a nasty defense like we have this year there is nothing wrong with hoping for these types of runs.

I saw you reply to that and my head was like....

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I'm not scared of NO.  By the time we play them they could very well be under .500.  They've got all kinds of issues at the QB position.  Trevor Siemen doesn't scare anybody. Especially not our defense.