• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tough medicine to swallow

Khyber53

1 minute ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Come on, man! Don't you want to get in on the narrative building? This board needs another two page wall of text from one of our many amateur sportswriters, telling us exactly who made what decisions and who is on the hot seat. 

Seriously though, thank you for your brevity. 

Soap opera for dudes

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, TF330 said:

I would say now we're headed in the right direction but do you think anyone would have been thrilled if we had lost to arizona and not gotten cam? we would end up 7-10 probably. I didn't say he would be fired but yeah two losing seasons and wasting a top tier defense and completely whiffing at the QB position 2 times is good enough to warrant a hot seat after two years I believe, especially when you're making that kind of money

I wouldn't be thrilled if we lost to Arizona period. All I know is that a rebuild doesn't happen over night. I know I just said that and they completely retooled this defense in a years time. Faster than I thought they would have. I would hope they would address the offense this season which I think they will.

I'm looking for improvement. We have improved from season 1 to season 2. Once we stop improving is when he should be on the hot seat.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

Just now, Darknight said:

I wouldn't be thrilled if we lost to Arizona period. All I know is that a rebuild doesn't happen over night. I know I just said that and they completely retooled this defense in a years time. Faster than I thought they would have. I would hope they would address the offense this season which I think they will.

I'm looking for improvement. We have improved from season 1 to season 2. Once we stop improving is when he should be on the hot seat.

Hey Duke fan - see the news about your star basketball player and Coach K’s delinquent grandson? 

23 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think Tepper told Rhule Cam would be the QB to finish the season.  That’s what happened.  

all this talk by Rhule that Tepper has nothing to do with anything is bunk.  

and we shouldn’t let the fact Cam returned erase the horrific failure of Rhule at the QB position.  

Exactly. Don’t listen to a thing that comes out of Matt Rhules mouth. He’s full of poo 90% of the time. Just listen his his post game pressers. Guy will straight up say he doesn’t remember the final score.

The bringing back of Cam was a Tepper move. It very much felt like a “I let you try it your way now let’s try mine.” Tepper even had Cam over to his home for dinner before he signed.

I have a feeling Matt Rhule may have lost his ability to choose his quarterback.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Those aren't legit options.  They were outside shots at best.  Neither player is willing to play for this team.  His first answer was Teddy over Cam, which was also a whiff.

Yea they were. If Watson doesn't have a weird fetish he is likely a Panther. Been over this a million times yes Watson has Carolina as a place he'd go.

Teddy was a whiff and they moved on. Its been two years and we got Cam back already they clearly don't sit on mistakes for long which is nothing but a great thing.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Yea they were. If Watson doesn't have a weird fetish he is likely a Panther. Been over this a million times yes Watson has Carolina as a place he'd go.

Teddy was a whiff and they moved on. Its been two years and we got Cam back already they clearly don't sit on mistakes for long which is nothing but a great thing.

If anything, Rhule was too honest about Teddy. He was telegraphing that we were done with Teddy before the season ended last year. 

• Pie 1

53 minutes ago, Darknight said:

I don't think Tepper told Rhule to do anything. If Rhule has shown us anything, he has shown to sit/cut/bench players that are not performing. The first person that comes to mind is Whitehead. EVERYBODY AND THEIR MOMMA could see how bad Whitehead was but nobody said that Tepper forced Rhule to bench Whitehead. He signed Denzel Perryman. He wasn't performing. He was injured. He got rid of him. Same thing happened with Sam. Give Rhule's past history, I don't think he would have stayed with Sam much longer.

Yes you are correct that Rhule failed at the QB position but at the same time he hit on positions on the defense. He shouldn't have let Cam walked but he did. I don't like how they released Cam but they did. If they would have gotten Stafford I don't think we would be having this conversation.

Matt Rhule has been a non-stop shitshow at the QB position.  Look at all the money he has piled up on slop.  No reasonable owner would just keep letting Rhule cut checks and doing what he wants at QB at this point.   

The boos were reigning down in BOA America in the first half of our last home game.  We still had another half of a season to go.  Matt Rhule was openly being talked to like a chump.  Tepper had enough.  Tepper simply was going to at least fix the shitshow that was morphing.    At least tempoarily.  And it worked and will work. 

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

A lot of people just glance over this fact. Rhule has proven this time and time again. That is why I believe this was a Rhule move and Tepper didn't force him to do anything.

4 minutes ago, Darknight said:

A lot of people just glance over this fact. Rhule has proven this time and time again. That is why I believe this was a Rhule move and Tepper didn't force him to do anything.

I am inclined to agree on this. I do think that Tepper's mood probably had some impact. He may not have said anything explicit about making a change but I am sure he was in a foul mood at the office and Rhule could read the tea leaves on that.

2 minutes ago, Darknight said:

I do think it was a Tepper move personally. Everyone including Cam has said Rhule reached out first but was that the political play? I don't know really its nothing but assumptions from everyone including me but the word from everyone is that it was Rhule. Seems to me that Rhule was ready to go with PJ until next year.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I really don't care about who or when or what to be honest. However it happened I just don't care right now. 

19 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Come on, man! Don't you want to get in on the narrative building? This board needs another two page wall of text from one of our many amateur sportswriters, telling us exactly who made what decisions and who is on the hot seat. 

Seriously though, thank you for your brevity. 

16 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Soap opera for dudes

Ikr. Who do these people think they are talking about sports? What a couple of cool freethinking bros you two are.

the office slow clap GIF

• Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

I do think it was a Tepper move personally. Everyone including Cam has said Rhule reached out first but was that the political play? I don't know really its nothing but assumptions from everyone including me but the word from everyone is that it was Rhule. Seems to me that Rhule was ready to go with PJ until next year.

I don't know. He was watching Sam Darnold literally almost single handedly lose game after game but only out PJ in during an impossible scenario for a 4th quarter. Seems like he didn't much believe in PJ either.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Matt Rhule has been a non-stop shitshow at the QB position.  Look at all the money he has piled up on slop.  No reasonable owner would just keep letting Rhule cut checks and doing what he wants at QB at this point.   

The boos were reigning down in BOA America in the first half of our last home game.  We still had another half of a season to go.  Matt Rhule was openly being talked to like a chump.  Tepper had enough.  Tepper simply was going to at least fix the shitshow that was morphing.    At least tempoarily.  And it worked and will work. 

I agree that the QB situation has been a poo show. I have said that they should have kept Cam but I understand why they didn't. Cam was part of the old regime. I believed Rhule wanted to start fresh and rebuild. He has no ties to Cam. I get why they got rid of him but I don't agree on how that was handled.

I disagree that Tepper made Rhule sign Cam. There is no proof that I can see that Tepper did this. It is all fan fiction at this point. If that's the case, how come Tepper didn't step in the first time when Rhule released Cam?

And to possibly fire a coach or take away his power from adding talent to the roster just because he messed up on the QB position but basically hit on the defense is crazy to me.

• Beer 1