• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Start PJ and Use Cam in goal line packages like you did aginst the Cardinals

Hayden Panettiere

I’m not opposed to using him if needed….let’s be realistic here, Cam has been with the team less than a week at this point. That’s asking a lot even for Superman. The sooner he’s behind center though the better, because the only way we have a shot at the playoffs is with Cam. This feels like a must win every week here on out if we want to make it. 

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 3

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yes, PJ manage the game when the D and Cam spot him 14 points and the opponent is relegated to playing their 3rd string QB.

I'm glad PJ didn't completely implode like Darnold did, but at some point we have to expect actually good QB play from a starter, heh.  PJ completed 1 pass beyond 10 yards (that traveled in the air more than 10 yards), added to his unimpressive interception total, and had lots of errant throws.  Fine if he's our back up, but we really need Cam up to speed asap to keep this momentum rolling IMO.

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 4

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yes, PJ manage the game when the D and Cam spot him 14 points and the opponent is relegated to playing their 3rd string QB.

thats why this would work PJ has the d and Cam to fall back on so all he has to do is manage the game like he did sunday plus this would limit Cam's hit and makes sure he stays healthy.

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I'm glad PJ didn't completely implode like Darnold did, but at some point we have to expect actually good QB play from a starter, heh.  PJ completed 1 pass beyond 10 yards, added to his unimpressive interception total, and had lots of errant throws.  Fine if he's our back up, but we really need Cam up to speed asap to keep this momentum rolling IMO.

And I still thought he easily looked better than Darnold. That’s when I realized what I’d forcefully gotten used to seeing at QB 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Hayden Panettiere said:

thats why this would work PJ has the d and Cam to fall back on so all he has to do is manage the game like he did sunday plus this would limit Cam's hit and makes sure he stays healthy.

thing is, we're gonna need some long TD drives out of this offense.  the only one we had was a pass interference penalty on a Cam Newton throw.  Cam also got the ball in the end zone in our other two short TD drives. 

imo, Cam is just a better option all around if he has the reps and has the offense down even to a basic level. 

3 minutes ago, CLG said:

And I still thought he easily looked better than Darnold. That’s when I realized what I’d forcefully gotten used to seeing at QB 

for sure, PJ was better than Darnold the last few weeks, although PJ's game reminded me a decent amount of the ATL game just with CMC and with Cam to lean on to get the ball in the end zone.  I feel like Cam with CMC and they score at least 2 more TDs against Atlanta, lol

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1