• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you buy "stock" in the Panthers?

PanthersATL

For only the 6th time, the Green Bay Packers are selling "shares" to the public, at $300 apiece (max of 200 per person, including any previously purchased).

Reading deeper into the terms, it says that these are not shares in the traditional, investment sense. Sounds more of a collectors item, suitable for framing.

Question: How much would you pay to have a single shareholder vote in the Panthers business, knowing Tepper will maintain a minimum of 51% of outstanding votes as primary owner?  (One vote per household, max)

https://www.packers.com/news/green-bay-packers-stock-sale-begins-november-16-2021

I would never buy stock in a team the way it works for the Packers because it isn't actually stock it's just a massive waste of money. There is literally zero value in it. I would consider buying stock in the Panthers or another team if you could actually get dividends on it and sell it easily. However based on the team's history I certainly wouldn't buy stock in the Panthers any time soon. Would really need to see a franchise changing turn around otherwise it would just be a letdown as has been par for the course for this team in its history.

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

If what i am reading about the "Stock" is factual,why any sane person would buy a "Stock" that is not a "Stock" and actually has no value is beyond me.

So they can tell people they are part owners of the Packers. 

• Pie 1