• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TNF - Pats @ Falcons

trueblade

2 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Yeah, Mac doesn't look great, but he fits the Patriot system to a tee.

Might be heresy to say, but on any other team, with any other coach, Tom Brady might have never amounted to more than a footnote. 

I agree on Brady, people feel justified calling him the GOAT and ignoring Belichick by him winning with a stacked Bucs team last year but to anyone looking at it objectively, Belichick is one of the greatest football minds of all time and can have success with his systems without all-time great QB play. I mean Brady has never in his career done things to carry his team like guys like Rodgers, Mahomes, Manning have. He fit Belichick's system perfectly and did exactly what Belichick said his entire career and had that success largely because of the consistent greatness he had around him. I've said it before and I still believe it -- you could put a guy like Tony Romo or Philip Rivers on those Pats teams under Belichick and they easily have nearly the same # of championships. Brady is great at what he does within those systems but he's never proven to elevate a bad team to contender like some others have done. Mac Jones could very have plenty of success under Belichick, doesn't make him a great QB. We really just need the cheater to retire soon.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, t96 said:

I agree on Brady, people feel justified calling him the GOAT and ignoring Belichick by him winning with a stacked Bucs team last year but to anyone looking at it objectively, Belichick is one of the greatest football minds of all time and can have success with his systems without all-time great QB play. I mean Brady has never in his career done things to carry his team like guys like Rodgers, Mahomes, Manning have. He fit Belichick's system perfectly and did exactly what Belichick said his entire career and had that success largely because of the consistent greatness he had around him. I've said it before and I still believe it -- you could put a guy like Tony Romo or Philip Rivers on those Pats teams under Belichick and they easily have nearly the same # of championships. Brady is great at what he does within those systems but he's never proven to elevate a bad team to contender like some others have done. Mac Jones could very have plenty of success under Belichick, doesn't make him a great QB. We really just need the cheater to retire soon.

You don't have the unrivaled success Brady has had for 20+ years by just being on stacked teams.

He's an absurd player. End of story. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

You don't have the unrivaled success Brady has had for 20+ years by just being on stacked teams.

He's an absurd player. End of story. 

Clearly Brady is a very intelligent QB, but put him on some of the Panthers or Lions teams instead of the BB coached Patriots and he may have never lasted long enough to become the player we know today.

• Pie 2