• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule plans to rotate QBs like RBs

NAS

9 minutes ago, Smithers said:

It’s all fun and games until someone throws a pick or makes a bone headed play and you keep rotating them in for the heck of it.  At some point you have to declare a full time starter and live and die by that person.  

Exactly and that someone will be PJ. He should’ve had two picks last week, one in the end zone. Just like the Lions game. I want to get on board with him I do, but I pee a little every time he drops back and someone blitzes.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

That's one way to extend the life of Cams shoulder.

It's not ideal, but it could work...for a while anyways. 

Part of me thinks it will make it harder for defenses to scheme against, but it could also make it easier depending on how it was done. 

It could limit wear and tear but like the old adage says;

If you have 2 QBs you don’t have 1.

The smart thing to do would be to do what we did last week but slowly ween pj off the field for the next two games, then we got a bye week, then cam atl gets all the reps vs Atlanta. 

10 days is insane to expect cam to have the tools to be successful in game. These players get like 3 months of time to prepare before the first game. Cams gonna get like 4 weeks. 

Edited by TheRumGone
  • Pie 6

Also wanted to added that Cam has always been very dependent on getting into a rhythm. He used to start games kind of slow and then boom of a sudden he strings together 10+ completions in a row.

I understand if Cam is still learning the playbook/offense but this doesn’t seem like it plays towards his strengths.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Pretty sure this is out of necessity. It's pretty unprecedented to bring in a starting QB 9 weeks into the season. It's just impossible for Cam to get totally up to speed. I could see him full time starter after the bye. His skill set is just too good to have him sit for weeks.

Edited by Luciu5
  • Pie 6
  • Beer 1

PJ should start because he's undefeated as a starter in the NFL.....

All joking aside, I only think this rotating of QBs is a problem if it extends beyond a week or two.  Cam may not have full familiarity with the entire playbook, and certain play calls are needed based on game scenario where they don't want to risk miscommunication so PJ will come in.  As long as the trend is heading toward Cam playing a larger percentage of the snaps and it's not a long drawn out process, I don't view it as Rhule getting cute.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1