• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How does this Cb situation play out going foward?

WOW!!

16 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

We don't have Gilmore next year. Horn and Henderson are unproven. 

I don’t have any inside clue or anything but i have a feeling Gilmore is really happy to be here, as is his family, and he will sign a team friendly deal for 3 years or so then retire into the sunset. His family is really happy to be in Charlotte too and I doubt they want to pick up and move to another city after less than a year. Just MHO. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Impossible question to answer until we have financials.

Jackson at $85m/5yrs vs Gilmore at $45m/3yrs might be a different answer then both at $70m/5yrs.

I think there is a good chance we let Jackson walk.  Keep Gilmore on a 3 year deal with the young guys we have on their roster. The rest of the group is really young, the coaches might put some value in Gilmore’s experience.

I will say though that Gilmore’s age is a little concerning, especially for a guy that does well at man. 

• Flames 1

44 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

We don't have Gilmore next year. Horn and Henderson are unproven. 

By this logic we don't have Jackson anymore either, he is not under contract next year. Henderson has a lot to prove but the fact we are seeing him in the game last week leaves me hopeful. Physically he is a stud. Horn is a complete unknown health wise (please just be a fluke) but he was playing CB #1 as a rookie game 1 and Jackson was not as a soon to be vet next year. I think that really puts the entire situation into perspective. Then Gilmore slid into that spot. Jackson is not a CB #1, he is a very good contributor though so I want to be clear I am not trying to crap on him. 

8 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Impossible question to answer until we have financials.

Jackson at $85m/5yrs vs Gilmore at $45m/3yrs might be a different answer then both at $70m/5yrs.

I think there is a good chance we let Jackson walk.  Keep Gilmore on a 3 year deal with the young guys we have on their roster. The rest of the group is really young, the coaches might put some value in Gilmore’s experience.

I will say though that Gilmore’s age is a little concerning, especially for a guy that does well at man. 

Got to have an out with a guy Gilmore's age. That cliff comes for all players and sometimes you can't see it coming clearly. All guarantee money the first year and very little the second year with none the third year should be as safe as you can get.

We have the rest of the year to evaluate this situation. They would be dumb to do any deal until it's over.

36 minutes ago, joemac said:

I don’t have any inside clue or anything but i have a feeling Gilmore is really happy to be here, as is his family, and he will sign a team friendly deal for 3 years or so then retire into the sunset. His family is really happy to be in Charlotte too and I doubt they want to pick up and move to another city after less than a year. Just MHO. 

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

By this logic we don't have Jackson anymore either, he is not under contract next year. Henderson has a lot to prove but the fact we are seeing him in the game last week leaves me hopeful. Physically he is a stud. Horn is a complete unknown health wise (please just be a fluke) but he was playing CB #1 as a rookie game 1 and Jackson was not as a soon to be vet next year. I think that really puts the entire situation into perspective. Then Gilmore slid into that spot. Jackson is not a CB #1, he is a very good contributor though so I want to be clear I am not trying to crap on him. 

Just for the record, I think we will try to keep both -- and I think it's doable without sacrificing a must sign like Reddick or (potentially) Newton.

• Pie 1

50 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

Just for the record, I think we will try to keep both -- and I think it's doable without sacrificing a must sign like Reddick or (potentially) Newton.

I think they will try but I would be shocked if Jackson's price was doable and not shocked at all of Gilmore's will be.

2 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Is it Carter or the talent around him that has his numbers low??

The CB and Secondary in general are better Tacklers.. Plus the Dline and Shaq going crazy... 

I think Carter has been avg. To a little above player this year.. He puts players in the right spot and while not being flashy he makes plays.. He is a better version of Lester Towns and if the money on defense is at Dline and CB I can deal with a Carter at Mlb..

Carter is one of the worst players on our D it usually seems, but, I think we hide him well and barring a later round rookie being a steal, I think MLB is an area we can't afford to invest deeply in, so we keep him

9 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I want to retain both Gilmore and d Jax, as unlikey as that sounds 

Oh I get it. It would be nice, but we still need some OL help, gotta figure out our QB situation, need to extend Reddick, and look at MLB, DT etc… I would be very happy is Cam looks the part this year, gets an extension, Reddick gets extended, and Gilmore takes a hometown discount. If that can possibly be done while having money for some solid FA OL, MLB, or DT I might cry tears of joy. You know in a manly way of course…

sad johnny depp GIF