• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule Has No Idea What He Is Doing

Castavar

Just now, WOW!! said:

What is glaring?? Most of the season this defense has been top 5 level.. 3 games out of 11 they got beat up in the trenches.. They rarely if ever give up plays of more then 20...

Can we just chill for a minute and take a step back and not let the moment cloud what has been for most of the season??

The run defense vs well coached lines is horrendous. Especially vs zone runs. WFT ate us up on them all day. That is what hurt our defense the most

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

Ain't he proved it on that wasted timeout on 4th and 4. The fact he didn't already have a plan in place for that situation screams he literally only went for it because the crowd booed him. As a head coach, you should already know whether you are going for it BEFORE it even gets to 4th down. I'm done with this college "cute" coaching staff. They do not have what it takes to succeed in the NFL. Hell, Rhule and Snow couldn't even beat ranked teams in college. This is not surprising.

I particularly liked when he called time out to allow the Washington team more time for their last TD 

I hate that stupid mother fuger 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Flames 1

Just now, WOW!! said:

What is glaring?? Most of the season this defense has been top 5 level.. 3 games out of 11 they got beat up in the trenches.. They rarely if ever give up plays of more then 20...

Can we just chill for a minute and take a step back and not let the moment cloud what has been for most of the season??

We can't stop the power run. That's glaring. 

• Pie 4

19 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

They had a off day.. But again how is the defense a finished product when this is the 1st year in a long time they've been good and you basically rebuilt it 2 years ago...

They had an off day against the Vikings and the cowboys too and an off second half against the eagles. They’ve had a a few dominant games and several really bad ones. Inconsistent at best. And there’s no reason they should be this inconsistent considering we’ve invested 8 draft picks and traded 2 others in the past two seasons to “rebuild” that unit. 

• Flames 1

Just now, Fox007 said:

some of these people don't even understand thats not the type of run game every team has lol....how can you possibly talk football with that...

Yep. If you want to try to run to borders against us, best of luck. We have the speed to feast on that. But if you line up heavy and keep it between the tackles... uh oh.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. If you want to try to run to borders against us, best of luck. We have the speed to feast on that. But if you line up heavy and keep it between the tackles... uh oh.

Ol’ Derrick Brown was supposed to fix that… unfortunately he hasn’t and in the process we missed out on fixing the other side of the line with a player like Wirfs or Becton.

The ran it down our throats. That would be enough to dominate our defense, but Ron wanted more. They passed when they didn't even need to do so, and it exposed our secondary as being incompetent in coverage. They had no idea what they were doing out there. Busted coverage all over the place.

Edited by pantherj

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Ol’ Derrick Brown was supposed to fix that… unfortunately he hasn’t and in the process we missed out on fixing the other side of the line with a player like Wirfs or Becton.

I LOVED the Brown pick but man, not gonna lie he's been underwhelming. Not the impact player I was expecting. You don't want a "good" DT in the top 10. You want a game wrecker. We haven't seen that from Brown.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I LOVED the Brown pick but man, not gonna lie he's been underwhelming. Not the impact player I was expecting. You don't want a "good" DT in the top 10. You want a game wrecker. We haven't seen that from Brown.

I think at that pick that we were all hoping he’d somehow be a Suh (younger years without the dirty play) type of player.

If anything he’s been more Michael Brockers.

• Pie 1

Rhule just seems confused and lost too much. This isn’t a learn on the go type of job. I wanted Brady gone to see how he would fair with a better OC, but at this point I’m ok with moving on from Rhule. He was talking about rebuilding them he jumped on the win now train trading for Darnold, trading for Gilmore talking about playoffs in week 3/4. He hasn’t really done much to show me he is the guy. He seems to draft decent value players I suppose…

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1