• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule Has No Idea What He Is Doing

Castavar

9 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Has that happened yet.. Because it was packed today.. And it took a 2 win season for that to happen here..

That’s cause ol’ faithful is back… what happens if he isn’t resigned next year or even worse, what happens if he is BUT the Panthers don’t make the playoffs.

Also, let’s not kid ourselves. Tepper isn’t a fool, Cam is our best option but he also keeps the stadium full.

6 hours ago, Castavar said:

Ain't he proved it on that wasted timeout on 4th and 4. The fact he didn't already have a plan in place for that situation screams he literally only went for it because the crowd booed him. As a head coach, you should already know whether you are going for it BEFORE it even gets to 4th down. I'm done with this college "cute" coaching staff. They do not have what it takes to succeed in the NFL. Hell, Rhule and Snow couldn't even beat ranked teams in college. This is not surprising.

i said it in the other threads, ill say it in this one. rhule and his ilk were more concerned with a feel good story. the fact that he only brought the team back out on the field because the crowd booed ?? like what??

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

That’s cause ol’ faithful is back… what happens if he isn’t resigned next year or even worse, what happens if he is BUT the Panthers don’t make the playoffs.

Also, let’s not kid ourselves. Tepper isn’t a fool, Cam is our best option but he also keeps the stadium full.

But he was.. are we playing if’s and but or reality?

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

But he was.. are we playing if’s and but or reality?

We were playing if’s, but’s, and maybe’s a few weeks ago after the Patriots went seal hunting on our asses… might as well continue to play.

If you don’t think about hypotheticals in the sports industry then you end up settling for Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold as your QB because you were too short-sighted… after all, that’s why Tepper has a “five year” plan… to plan for the future…

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

We were playing if’s, but’s, and maybe’s a few weeks ago after the Patriots went seal hunting on our asses… might as well continue to play.

If you don’t think about hypotheticals in the sports industry then you end up settling for Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold as your QB because you were too short-sighted… after all, that’s why Tepper has a “five year” plan… to plan for the future…

Past tense hypotheticals thoe??

why stop at small poo then? What if we in 2000 drafted Tom Brady in the 5th round?? BAM

t

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Past tense hypotheticals thoe??

why stop at small poo then? What if we in 2000 drafted Tom Brady in the 5th round?? BAM

Then we’d have a bunch of Super Bowls and we’d both be happy I guess.

And past-tense hypotheticals are relevant when the person who fugged up is still with the organization and still fugging up.

But that’s a conversation for next year when Rhule is in his make or break season.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Then we’d have a bunch of Super Bowls and we’d both be happy I guess.

And past-tense hypotheticals are relevant when the person who fugged up is still with the organization and still fugging up.

But that’s a conversation for next year when Rhule is in his make or break season.

Hypothetical: if this season bottoms out and we never win another game, how short of a leash do you give Rhule next year?

1 minute ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

Hypothetical: if this season bottoms out and we never win another game, how short of a leash do you give Rhule next year?

Personally, I wouldn’t give Rhule another year if his team fails to make the playoffs this year. As of yesterday the playoffs were in reach until the organization poo all down their leg.

Right now, the Vikings (tiebreaker lost), Eagles (tiebreaker lost), and 49ers all look much better than us.

As far as the leash, I don’t have an answer because it’s playoffs or bust. Firing him mid-season won’t make anyone feel better even if the team is trash. I believe only 12 interim coaches have ever won a playoff game and it’s unlikely Phil Snow would be the 13th. If we are terrible again next year then we start another rebuild in the off-season unfortunately.

Personally, I wouldn’t give Rhule another year if his team fails to make the playoffs this year. As of yesterday the playoffs were in reach until the organization poo all down their leg.

Right now, the Vikings (tiebreaker lost), Eagles (tiebreaker lost), and 49ers all look much better than us.

As far as the leash, I don’t have an answer because it’s playoffs or bust. Firing him mid-season won’t make anyone feel better even if the team is trash. I believe only 12 interim coaches have ever won a playoff game and it’s unlikely Phil Snow would be the 13th. If we are terrible again next year then we start another rebuild in the off-season unfortunately.

Wise.  I guess my best response is we were told this was a multi-year project and it's clear the oline both needs addressed and hasn't fully been addressed.

If that's achieved and successful next year, I'd see how it goes.  Personally if I move towards firing him it's at the end of the season because as you said interim coaches rarely amount to poo.  

Overall, I think the experiment has failed, but Rivera himself took years to turn it around.  Maybe some kind of switch gets flipped next year.  I'm skeptical but at this point what does hope hurt?

Frankly I think this season is on life support at best.

All of this said, Joe Brady has to be gone this offseason.  I don't think he's ever going to get "it."  At least not here.  Maybe he gets another chance somewhere down the road, years down the road, when he's got more experience.

Edited by bigskypanthersguy
because I can?

10 hours ago, Shocker said:

You know it probably wouldn’t have mattered but you punt late there with 3 timeouts and the two min warning.  That was the wrong move clearly.  Down 3 at the time

That panthers defense couldn’t stop anyone 

going for it wasn’t a problem   You will note Washington did it several times 

the problem was the play call and the execution 

10 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Shocking that a college coach at a power five school that lost to Liberty, UTSA, and Duke in a span of three weeks is wayyyyy in over his head… just shocking.

Matt Rhule wasn’t the best coach for the job, he was the best salesman.

In college you don’t have to be the best coach, just the best used car salesman.

He sold out at Temple when he told his players that he wasn’t leaving.

He sold out at Baylor when his players found out he was leaving through the media.

He sold out here when he let his ego get bigger than the team and got rid of Cam so he could run things “his way”.

Just think how stupid it it is that we fired someone and then begged them to come back after we realized we messed up.

Fugging idiotic organization from top to bottom.

This right here….TRUTH