• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Throwing past the sticks

AU-panther

14 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

LOL, yeah, CMC did his thing. Once a team figures out how to stop him watch out for bad things. It'll be like the old days where Cam was our only weapon.

I think you have the most negative posts on the Huddle. Is there an award for most negative poster? You've got that hands down.

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

I mean, out of the rampant negativity on the boards after today’s loss…that seems like a rather tame one to single out no?

Speculating that our best player will be figured out and shut down in the future is anything but tame. It's just about the most negative prediction that could possibly be made. 

2 hours ago, AU-panther said:

I understand the idea of a short passing attack.  Its been very successful for Tom Brady, but is it it me or have we gone overboard with it?

I decided to look at our passing attempts on 3rd and 4th.  Cam went 3/7 with the 8th attempt being a sack.  Of the three completions only 1 was actually a first down.  The other two were short of the sticks.  This isn't a knock on Cam, we saw the same thing with Teddy and Sam.

Actually Cams deeper numbers were good today, he was 6/7 past 10 yards according to a quick recap by PFF.

NFL Week 11 Game Recap: Washington Football Team 27, Carolina Panthers 21 | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

Its like we are trying so hard to protect the QB we are actually making their job harder.

I understand protecting the QB or not having faith in the O-line but at a certain point you have to keep the defense honest.

Receivers have to run past the sticks

2 hours ago, CmC2k said:

and yet there's some people here who are gonna say it's cause Cam's arm is shot and not because our oline can't block long enough or Brady's passive play calling. 

Just last game yall were applauding Brady, now cause they lost it's a different story. Look, cam arm is shot, teddy arm is not strong, sam arm is not reliable, that is why brady has limited play calling.