• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fun fact: We now lead the league in penalties

Proudiddy

One of the reporters asked CMC about it in his presser.  

I know the OL is bad, but some of this stuff is the NFL inherent hate for our franchise and the rest of it is dumbass guys doing dumbass stuff. 

An example of both:

Exhibit A: The hold on T-Mo on the second to last drive was not a hold he knocked the defender off balance and fell on him with the defender in his grasp.  I did NOT see his hands on the outside of his shoulders or anything that could be viewed as holding.

Exhibit B:

Burris' dumbass hit on Heinicke sliding.

As far as the holds and OL play, Washington was doing the same poo all day, and even more egregious things like not allowing guys to turn around and run and not being able to release off the line to run sideways once the run is to the outside of the furthest blocker...  all clear indications of holding, yet no holds called on them, which seems to happen a lot for our opponents.

Washington also ended the game down two starters on the OL, and yet, miraculously, never held...  and backups are backups for a reason.  Everyone in the game thread kept talking about how good WFT's line was, but they were down two starters and the only miscues they had were false starts, of which not all of those were even called.  They had movement before the snap more times than I can recall, which is not nearly as subjective as holding and only had it called twice, IIRC.  There was also interference on CMC's 4th down catch attempt.  No call.  

Think back to the number of times we've played major market/historic teams and think how many of those subjective calls we get versus how many they get.  For instance, IIRC, Dallas didn't have a single hold even though they were doing it all game.  And actually, I remember quite a few games now where the opponent conveniently finishes the game without a single hold or interference call.  Funny how that works...

As far as the poo like Burris pulled, that is just unacceptable and it's a result of coaching and lack of accountability.  But those penalties happen...  it's just time to acknowledge the NFL will always poo on us when it comes to their darlings.  We never have been one and never will be, and their officiating proves that time and time again.

May as well merge my thread about this thats down at the very end of the first page here but inb4 the league is rigged so that WFT of all losing record teams can win for some reason.

The refs have been poo in every game i've watched this year. Remember when Darnold was getting phantom roughing calls and poo? The league isn't rigged then ofc.