• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smoke and mirrors defense

Jmac

9 minutes ago, Ornias said:

I would trade Burns for any above average lineman at this point. 

Probably so, don't understand his lack of discipline when he actually does get to the QB. Carter looks lost, dunno if Luvu even got much playing time but it's concerning that Snow didn't make any halftime adjustments when his gameplan obviously wasn't working. Looked like we were rushing into a brick wall every snap, even the blitzes were up the middle into a wall

9 minutes ago, Ornias said:

Yep, I would. Pressures are great, we need sacks. He is horrible on run contain, and meh on sacks. 

I wouldn't be opposed to re-signing Reddick and trading Burns. They're redundant and Reddick is a lot better. Burns is a lot bigger but Reddick plays a lot stronger.

We're still kinda where we've kinda always been with Burns - hoping flashes develop into consistent greatness.

18 minutes ago, Ornias said:

Yep, I would. Pressures are great, we need sacks. He is horrible on run contain, and meh on sacks. 

Dude has 7 Sacks with 6 games to go.. That’s isn’t meh.. And he’s been better and made a lot of plays outside of just sacks and pressures.. Some of you are going overboard after 1 bad game..

6 hours ago, Cam's New Arm said:

With the exception of Gilmore, which was a cheap move, every move they've made this season has been to set us up better for next season. This season was never supposed to be great.

This team is trying to win while rebuilding. But we are still rebuilding.

What exactly are we rebuilding? Are the Redskins built? What about the Eagles? What about the Giants? What about the Patriots with a rookie Qb?

The truth is this team is and was good enough to win all those games, coaching decisions and in game coaching cost us some winnable games this year, nothing being "built" is going to change being outcoached.