• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Spiderman - No Way Home

CRA

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 10:58 AM, CRA said:

this is probably going to be disappointing as there is too much hype to live up to.  Still pumped though.  Right around the corner. 

I just got back from an advanced showing. 

Holy poo! This is worth every ounce of hype. 

• Pie 5

I saw it last night. I thought it was entertaining but I was disappointed story wise. Just didn't live up to the hype. Tom Holland's "confused kid" act gets way over played and annoying at times.  The comedy between Maguire and Garfield felt really forced and overall the movie had a ton of asspulls. To be expected but this movie felt more DC Snyder than a Marvel movie.

Eternals was a better movie but this was still enjoyable.

4 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

I saw it last night. I thought it was entertaining but I was disappointed story wise. Just didn't live up to the hype. Tom Holland's "confused kid" act gets way over played and annoying at times.  The comedy between Maguire and Garfield felt really forced and overall the movie had a ton of asspulls. To be expected but this movie felt more DC Snyder than a Marvel movie.

Eternals was a better movie but this was still enjoyable.

Eternals was a weird one for me.  Didn't love it.  Maybe it was the Game of Thrones cast messing with me and the fact I don't think Angelina belongs in Marvel. 

I loved No Way Home.  Felt a bit like End Game.  Which is they flat out put a lot of forced stuff in so fans could check off certain boxes off their wish list.   But I'm cool with that every once in awhile. 

I'm probably a slightly bigger fan of the Disney TV shows of late than the Marvel movies.   Hawkeye, Loki, Wanda >  Black Widow, Eternals, No Way Home. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally saw the movie this weekend.  While it had a few moments that drug along, this was one of the better Marvel Movies to me.  While a bit meandering, the plot was satisfying because it was about Peter taking responsibility for his actions instead of playing it all off as "I'm just a kid."

I will say he and Zendaya have crazy chemistry - go figure they are dating.  Though you could have cut Ned and nothing would have really changed.  

The spectacle was great, though I was watching on my TV in a dark room.  My main issue with most superhero action sequences is the lack of mass that everything has.  Sure, you can have superhuman strength, but when it is so broken with world physics.  I have a hard time with that.  Like, even Pacific Rim made is feel somewhat based on reality when the mech walked through water - though they could never work underwater due to the density and stuff.  Long story short, it just kind of broke my expectations too much.

The biggest thing for me is the circular story arc - I really loved that.  We saw Peter make a TON of mistakes that cost him.  We saw the consequences of his actions from a social/legal situation which was nice.  Sure, a lot of it was window dressing, but on the flip side, the losses he faced were profound.  I did love the Spider-Bros, and Andrew Garfield was a total scene stealer.  I will have to go watch his movies and see what the heck happened there.

But coming back to where it started and Peter having to give it all up for the sake of those he loved was a great moment for me.  Sure some might say that is was too cookie cutter, but that would only have been if MJ has magically remembered him.  The fact that he was completely alone again was actually really refreshing.  Not so much a happy ending.

Now the franchise is free to go wherever.  To introduce a different spider man.  Heck, to bring in Venom (mid-credit scene was hilarious).  A new chapter awaits for Spider Man, and that's only a good thing.

• 1 month later...

I myself am a fan of films about Spider-Man with Tobey Maguire. I was terribly disappointed with the casting of his followers and only in The Avengers could I finally come to terms with the replacement of the performer. Something Tom Holland looks like Tobey Maguire. That's why I decided to go to the cinema. I knew that I would not be disappointed, but I would like it the most. And so it happened. I was the most grateful spectator.

Didn't read the spoilers, didn't watch the trailer. All I knew was about the three Spider-Men. But I didn’t understand anything, I didn’t hope, I didn’t expect). Ready to kiss the screenwriter and director. They seemed to put all the puzzles together. Justified all previous films. The story took on a common logical meaning and showed the power of the Marvel Universe. I started crying almost from the very beginning, I was so happy to meet my favorite characters, hoping to see in my soul the most incredible hit. I hoped and did not believe that my wish would come true ...