• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

5 major factors blame for loss. Cat Crave

raleigh-panther

2 hours ago, PghPanther said:

Cam?.........he was a duel threat interesting QB in his day but became injured before he ever developed into a good pocket passing QB...as a result right now he's a outstanding back up QB but time will tell if he still has it in him to be a starter in the NFL anymore. 

But based on the above 3 problems I've stated he's not going to be able to find that out playing with the Panthers...........he makes for good show, pr and copy having him here for a while and he does give the Panthers the best chance to win but that's not saying much because of the ongoing pee wee league coaching and overall team development. 

Yikes. This is a crazy bad take on Cam.  I get he might not be MVP Cam anymore (though you could argue he played close to that level yesterday).  But to say he is a backup and time will tell if he can start in the NFL? Look at the QB’s half the NFL throws out there each week. Cam is 100% an NFL starter

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

People say Rhule is rebuilding  

I just have no idea what he is building 

the fact is, just like a house, you start with the foundation…the lines…he has a dline that gets pushed around against the big boys  hit them in the mouth and they don’t hit back.   He has a horrible oline   He brings back Cam, I believe to keep from getting lynched 

honestly, that defense yesterday, looked like they quit.

The frustration of feeling that Tepper missed on this coaching staff is overwhelming

I agree with almost everything you typed. I disagree about Cam being brought back to keep from getting lynched. Cam was a Tepper decision so he can keep selling overpriced tickets, merch, and beer.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

It is becoming obvious.   Now the question is:  Does Tepper pull the plug on Rhule and his staff after year two or do fans get to suffer through a third year of this mess before the inevitable?

No. Rhule will get at least one more year, probably two. He can sacrifice Brady to get another year. He can also blame the QB situation, which shouldn't work since he is the one that made those decisions.

12 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Rhule would probably be a great NFL DC. 

The jump may have been too high. Perhaps Teppers mistake may have been letting him roll with a first time OC.

Disagree. Rhule isn't an X's and O's type coach and hasn't shown that he can gameplan at all.

10 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He gave him much too much control too fast. Everybody needs a great guide.

This I agree 100% with.

10 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

No. Rhule will get at least one more year, probably two. He can sacrifice Brady to get another year. He can also blame the QB situation, which shouldn't work since he is the one that made those decisions.

Rhule will undoubtably make a case as to why he should be retained beyond this season.  As to whether David Tepper is willing to grant Matt another year or two to figure out his job as HC is another matter entirely.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Rhule will undoubtably make a case as to why he should be retained beyond this season.  As to whether David Tepper is willing to grant Matt another year or two to figure out his job as HC is another matter entirely.

True, but I think Tepper will keep him. The firing the OC or DC thing usually works at least once for each coach.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I agree with almost everything you typed. I disagree about Cam being brought back to keep from getting lynched. Cam was a Tepper decision so he can keep selling overpriced tickets, merch, and beer.

And to shut up the fan base. Marketing gold.

I'm not advocating....but Jon Gruden, Cam. Actual NFL staff and systems? They missed on MCarthy in my opinion. He comes with a ready-made NFL staff too.

Imagine Gruden to the rest of the NFC South.....I'm baaaack.

I'm not advocating but the ticket sales/merch would go through the roof for that show just to see what happens. He'd be pretty tough on Cam but I think he can take it. I'm not advocating though.

That's how you take advantage of having a Cam Newton instead of kicking him out the door because of feelings.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

And to shut up the fan base. Marketing gold.

I'm not advocating....but Jon Gruden, Cam. Actual NFL staff and systems? They missed on MCarthy in my opinion. He comes with a ready-made NFL staff too.

Imagine Gruden to the rest of the NFC South.....I'm baaaack.

I'm not advocating but the ticket sales/merch would go through the roof for that show just to see what happens. He'd be pretty tough on Cam but I think he can take it. I'm not advocating though.

That's how you take advantage of having a Cam Newton instead of kicking him out the door because of feelings.

McCarthy? Sure. Gruden? No Way GIF

2 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Yeah, that is entirely possible. The question David Tepper has to be asking himself after every game these days is:  Does Matt have what it takes to be and NFL HC?  

Yeah. I think the answer to that question is no. Rhule really seems to be in over his head. Tepper will wait and see how it goes though.

Rhule has exactly what it takes in a head coach which is have a message and vision, be a good people person and manage the various pieces. Managing the clock or other game day issues are a very small piece of what a HC does. What he is lacking are coordinators who can game plan and adjust to constant opponent chess moves.  Our players focus on themselves which sounds great if what that means is going out and taking away the strengths of the opponent.  If we keep getting gashed in the run then why dont we play five guys in the dirt closing down running lanes and applying pressure. Why didnt gilmore play more when he showed what he can do and why did we leave Jackson on an island even after he struggled? Head coaches arent always X and Os kind of guys but their coordinators should be. Both Brady and Snow are smart guys but dont have much NFL experience. They are still learning by trial and error. But how many times can you say we didn't practice that or they didn't do that before on tape so we were surprised. If everyone else is better prepared than what does that say about us.

• Pie 2