• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

5 major factors blame for loss. Cat Crave

raleigh-panther

30 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

It's like Rhule and Co. are a bunch of guys that watched a couple of house flipping shows on DIY Network and said, "Look, this can't be hard, let's do it!".

Now they're stuck in a collapsing house with leaky plumbing, the wallpaper peeling off the walls, shingles put on the roof upside down and mismatched windows. They just keep running up a materials bill and failing to pass inspections.

It's time to pack it in and call in some professionals.

I would vote for Byron Leftwich  here.  He is young. Learned a lot from Arians I’m sure

Would bring a good staff 

has played and coached the game   I’m sick of the Baylor show 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

14 hours ago, Cookie Lyon said:

Randy Moss and big ass head Booger blamed Cam on the MNF pregame show.

I guess Cam plays defense as well according to those idiots.

Anyone who thinks Cam was at fault isn't paying attention man.

We had four drives in the first three quarters against Washington that did not end in points:

1.  (First quarter) Fumbled snap / bad snap.  Not sure what they were trying to do here, whether it was supposed to be a direct snap to CMC or a snap to Cam and hand to CMC.  It looked bad, but in no way can Cam take the blame for that.

2.  (First quarter) We had a 2nd and 2, which turned into a 2nd and 7 because of a false start, putting us behind the sticks.  Not sure how you blame Cam for that one either.

3.  (Second quarter) This one was on Cam, 100%.  He had Robby wide open on a shallow under for a first down but pushed it further down to DJ instead and it was broken up.  100%, a poor decision.

4.  (Third quarter)  This was probably not on Cam.  He was trying to get it to DJ who had sat down in a void, but the pass was deflected by a LB.  Not sure if Tremble ran the wrong route or whether the design was bad, but Tremble led the LB directly to the point where he could deflect it.  Coverage wasn't terrible, but without the underneath LB, this play may have worked.

Even if you believe that going for it on fourth at our own 32 was the right call, and you allow that we got the ball back with a chance to win, that final sequence was awful play calling.  3rd and 2 and the WTF 48 with 1:16 left?  Come on man, THAT is the perfect read option situation right there.  That crap we called was just awful man.  Nobody was open, and Cam tried to force it in.  Then we take the sack on 4th down because, oh yea, nobody was open.

Man, you gotta just get the 1st down.  You have the most dynamic short yardage player in the league taking snaps.  And we still can't get two yards in two plays?  Come on man.  That's not on Cam.  No way.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

All this crap about Cam being brought in to sell tickets is just noise.  Because of PSL's, the tickets are already sold.  The Panthers don't get any extra money from ticket resales.  They do sell some extra concessions of course, but given there were only three home games left when we resigned Cam, the money isn't that much.

Our qb play this year has been horrible.  It wasn't going to get better.  Cam is a dramatic improvement even if he isn't his old self.  That was obvious against Washington.  And Tepper wants to win now.  That is why we signed Cam.  Everything else is just noise.

From what I saw only Chinn played have way decent and the guy that caused the fumble. Defense was awful no pressure and guys running wide open. You will not win against any vet coach playing defense like that. Letting them convert 21yards was the backbreaker for me and I knew we were going to loose. Cam hasn't been in the playbook long enough to even be a comeback qb. Del Rio pretty much said it. Cam doesn't  know enough yet to be that concerned. The game plan for Cam was for him to move the ball, score, no turnovers. 21 points was good enough. Defense was suppose to be your strong tower not Cam and if they think he can save them then take the gloves off of Cam and let him call the plays..lol

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

I agree. I was saying earlier in the year that our 2021 draft that we all liked and was really hyped by many in here was starting to look a bit more meh. Yes, lots of guys who are contributing a bit but are Tremble, Hubbard, Marshall, BC, Brown, etc. look more like average players or backups, not step up and be special guys. 

Most of those guys are mid to late round picks so they should be looking like backups or average players. That said, it's too early to judge the rookies.

29 minutes ago, Panther53521 said:

The problem with the defense is PHIL SHOW. when you play 6 DBs you are weak to the run. When we play a team that has strong OL it’s easy for them to run with 6 in the box

If you're playing with 6dbs how in the world did heinke get those great passing stats. That shows you not as good as you think. I think the defense thought this was a gimmie game and played soft as poo. They were up to play cardinals and took a rain check on the Skins. This loss should help the coaching staff as they watch tape, maybe this will get corrected for the rest of the way. I doubt it  there is no Thomas Davis or Luke on the defensive side of the ball.

Edited by Darvinsun