• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just listened to every player and coach post game and Monday presser...

TheCasillas

3 hours ago, hepcat said:

At this point what is the harm in firing Brady and letting Sean Ryan run the offense? Cam has spoken highly of him so far. Cam knows a bunch of plays he's run over the years. Build the offense on the brains of Cam and Sean Ryan.

Yup Cam came in and immediately started working w Ryan, shows who he was comfortable communicating with. I know he's learning the terminology etc while Brady is working on his gameplan or whatever. Brady just doesn't seem to know how to utilize the talent he has or the communication skills to work one on one with the players, let alone in game situational play calling. 

13 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Seems like teams are making moves over this coming Holiday weekend, Nagy possibly gone in Chicago after next game as well

And we got blown out by those fools. I remember someone here trying to tell me Garrett was a good coach after that loss lmao.

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, Geronimo said:

Yeah I know,  he was the passing game coordinator.  But you're right.  I  blame hurney for this misfire on hiring brady.  

It's Matt Rhule's staff.  The 60 million dollar HC got to put his own staff together. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Seems like teams are making moves over this coming Holiday weekend, Nagy possibly gone in Chicago after next game as well

Think they will try to let Nagy ride it out.  Bears have never fired a coach in season. 

But that team is largely lost.  Was reading reporting on it yesterday.  He lost a lot of guys last year.  Lost a ton this year when Nagy refused to actually go all in with Fields.  Players are fine with rebuilding and be part of something.  They aren't fine with wasting their time.   They hated the Dalton move and catering things coming into the year around Dalton. 

21 hours ago, hepcat said:

Do we know that for sure? I always assumed Tepper went and got Joe Brady but maybe I'm wrong.

I don't know anything more than you but the notion that an owner falls in love with a head coaching prospect, hands him one of the most lucrative contracts in the NFL right off the bat, but then dictates who his OC is gonna be strikes me as unlikely. The right to pick your own staff is seen as pretty important by head coaches in the league.

7 hours ago, lumbeecheraw75 said:

Genuinely curious why it matters to fans what Rhule is paid. I'm wondering how this affects the team.

Value.   Relative value to his peers suggests he is a top tier NFL coach. He isn’t 

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/nbcsports/who-are-the-highest-paid-coaches-in-the-nfl-in-2021-season/2636720/

Matt Rhule did nothing in college to justify this NFL  salary.  

He has done nothing in the NFL to prove he is worth that salary and prospects going forward aren’t too promising either 

Anyone who thinks he doesn’t run all there is to run with the Panthers is mistaken.

He sold Tepper his process  bullshit and Tepper bought in

the person who,would be a tremendous HC for the Panthers is Byron Leftwich, actually played the game, actually has coached and is coaching the Bucs offense now, and is learning with Arians

Edited by raleigh-panther

7 hours ago, lumbeecheraw75 said:

Genuinely curious why it matters to fans what Rhule is paid. I'm wondering how this affects the team.

It doesn't.  On a team without a billionaire owner, a lucrative and long term contract could definitely be seen as a sign that their team is stuck with him. Tepper's situation in being orders of magnitude wealthier than all other owners means he could fire Rhule tommorrow despite said contract and there would be no meaningful negative financial ramifications to him. 

IMO we really shouldn't give a flip how much Rhule or any other coach for our team is paid. It's meaningless with regards to anything we should care about as fans.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

It doesn't.  On a team without a billionaire owner, a lucrative and long term contract could definitely be seen as a sign that their team is stuck with him. Tepper's situation in being orders of magnitude wealthier than all other owners means he could fire Rhule tommorrow despite said contract and there would be no meaningful negative financial ramifications to him. 

IMO we really shouldn't give a flip how much Rhule or any other coach for our team is paid. It's meaningless with regards to anything we should care about as fans.

He is being paid like a Super Bowl coach   

he wasn’t even a big time college coach nor did Temple or Baylor exactly set the college bowl/playoff world on fire 

If anything, it is concerning that Tepper would chase this used car salesman 

• Beer 1