• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

• panthers-redskins-1.jpg

So, are we competing or rebuilding?

jackson113

I mean in all honesty... there really is much more to rebuild outside of the OC and offensive line. I think we need to add a hard nosed premeire safety but that would be it. 

We aren't fuging anything up at this point for trying to compete. Rhule and Co. built talented roster much faster than many rebuilds have before. You put a top offensive line on this team, and they would go deep into playoffs easily. 

Everything they have bought in on are short term minimal long term impact moves. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 4

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I think we need to add a hard nosed premeire safety but that would be it. 

I'm interested in how you see Chinn.  Dude is a hitter, we know that from last year.  He's been invisible this year, which I don't like at all.  Not sure how the DROY (He was!) becomes invisible in one offseason, but something is wrong with how we are using him.

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

By the time they get all the pieces together and on the same page the season will be over.  That said, I think the CJ Henderson move will pay off even though it was frustrating short term.  Bringing in Gilmore was a no brainer, and bringing Cam back was the right move. 

Even missing the playoffs with Cam tells me he's coming back next year.  It's a head start to know the offense. 

So bring back Cam, and Gilmore.  Sign OL and DT.  Let DJax walk.  Get Horne back.  Sign TE and we're looking pretty good for next year.

Now here's someone who knows what he's talking about 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I'm interested in how you see Chinn.  Dude is a hitter, we know that from last year.  He's been invisible this year, which I don't like at all.  Not sure how the DROY (He was!) becomes invisible in one offseason, but something is wrong with how we are using him.

We are playing him out of position this year, and it has led to him being out of position on plays. Chinn is more of a SS/LB than he is the FS we are trying to make him to be. My only concern is that the TD WFT scored before the half .... was on Chinn. He was supposed to be in the middle third, but instead was in the middle second. 

We need to get a veteran safety who can see it all and put people in the right position. Unless Chinn can become that guy (probably a next year task) then we need to grab someone. Chinn plays best when he is running sideline to sideline, not deep third to LOS.

Also, I firmly believe Chinn is a stud and will be a star in this league, the new position has just impacted his play/potential this year.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2