• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton film breakdown

Luciu5

John Miller not selling out on that final play on 4th down to give Cam and Zylstra the time they need to convert the 1st down makes me sick.

Cam trusted Miller to keep him clean. Instead, Miller lets the defender run right by him without being challenged or at the very least slowed down. Miller should be in the stands watching the game. This OL is horrible.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

On 11/24/2021 at 1:01 PM, Luciu5 said:

Moore was wide open but I'm not sure what happened. It would have been a real long bomb and idk if Cam thought it was too far or just too late. Either way, timing was completely wrong on that play which is why there was the snafu with Tremble on the sideline.

Do me a favor and screencap the moment where you saw Moore "wide open" on the play, because I just don't see it.

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

Do me a favor and screencap the moment where you saw Moore "wide open" on the play, because I just don't see it.

Just providing a helping hand here…. Moore has about 3 yards on the corner… the problem is the timing on the play. Cam doesn’t have his feet set quite yet. 

I expect this to get resolved through repetitions ….

252925D3-E014-4C49-999E-BE68D738303A.jpeg

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Just providing a helping hand here…. Moore has about 3 yards on the corner… the problem is the timing on the play. Cam doesn’t have his feet set quite yet. 

I expect this to get resolved through repetitions ….

252925D3-E014-4C49-999E-BE68D738303A.jpeg

Yeah, unless I’m thinking of another play, DJ was basically already at the back of the end zone before Cam made that read (if he even had time). Timing was definitely a problem.  Take those reps baby and lead us to the promised land 

I look at the runs and his skills in that aspect dont look to have diminished at all. He looks as dangerous with the ball in his hands as he did in 2015 to me. Thats the point I have tried to make he looks the same as a runner. I sure his arm isnt 2011 Cam before the Injury but, I dont think we are seeing a player who is regressing due to age at all.  It might not be fair to expect MVP caliber Cam but something not to much lower due to I'm assuming so fine QB coaching in New England his isnt sailing near as many passes as we saw over the years. I dont remember seeing him sail any so far.