• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jermaine Carter

MHS831

5 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Should have drafted Parsons over Horn. 

Yup. The amount of people I heard complaining that they'd commit seppuku if we drafted another high round LB. They act like stud MLBs grow on trees.

I like Horn a lot. Really I do! But Parsons was the right pick for us there.

There was so much talent available for CB, as our current roster proves, and giving up what? 6th, 7th rounders? Now, our top 10 pick is just one of our very talented stable of CBs, and we've got a glorified backup as our starting MLB.

That was a potentially catastrophic mistake.

Keep JCJr as a backup/rotational guy, but he's not a starter.

• Pie 1

59 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Agree and I thought Carter was doing okay for a while. Still don't think MLB should ever be a top priority. Do we need an upgrade at the position? Yes. Should it be a huge priority? no.

He had 7 solos and 10 combined vs. the Vikings.  I was like, "There he is."

27 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Should have drafted Parsons over Horn. 

Should have bought stock in Apple back in the 80's. 

When we drafted Horn no one knew about Gilmore or Henderson becoming available for what we got them for. Jaycee was playing like a true shutdown corner before he broke his foot. He's the real deal. They're going to probably let DJ walk in FA, resign Gilmore and keep developing Henderson. We'll have a HOFer on one side mentoring two 1st rounders on the other side. The backfield will be locked down. 

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, Icege said:

Thank you.

We saw a lot of folks pounding the table during the offseason and claiming that we needed to cut Shaq because he was a "a JAG that was getting paid to be elite while being a liability in coverage" while Carter Jr was a "mini-Luke" in the making because he talked about film.

JCJr is an incredible back-up LB that can play ST and get your team through the season should your starter(s) go down, but he should not be the incumbent starter.

to be honest, shaq thompson only had 1 elite year, and thats this year. wanting him to be traded was a fair assessment because up until now neither he nor donte was producing. donte got better and shaq, i believe the coaches are choosing to play him like he played in college : linebacker who plays like a safety. smart decision.

Yeah, I don't think Jermaine is a 1st string NFL MLB, but he's an improvement over Tahir Whitehead. And that's saying a lot since we have a top ranked defence.

So, yes. What this team is lacking is a stud MLB. Maybe we've been spoilt for a very long time with great MLB's. From Kuechley, Beason & Morgan, to what we've seen the last 2 seasons. Very subpar talent, and that's giving them credit.

• Pie 1