• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

• panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Sam Mills, Steve Smith Sr. among Hall of Fame semifinalists

Carolina Panthers

19 minutes ago, CRA said:

he no doubt will get in.   First ballot? 

This class will be interesting.  See how much rings weigh in on things and as well how much being a finalist before matters. 

The precedent they set with Megatron would indicate he gets in first ballot. 

Idk if he will... but you'd be hard pressed to convince Megatron deserved to get in first ballot and Smitty doesn't... Although I'm obviously not impartial. 

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

The precedent they set with Megatron would indicate he gets in first ballot. 

Idk if he will... but you'd be hard pressed to convince Megatron deserved to get in first ballot and Smitty doesn't... Although I'm obviously not impartial. 

Couple of the WRs were first time finalist last year.  Some got rings and comparable numbers.  Just curious to see how that plays out.  How much weight they give being a finalist the year prior and rings.  Not arguing it should or will one way or the other.   Just that it will offer insight. 

I kinda put Megatron in his own tier.   I mean, career production aside, he was basically the Madden create a player come to life.  

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

he no doubt will get in.   First ballot? 

This class will be interesting.  See how much rings weigh in on things and as well how much being a finalist before matters. 

Rings are such an overrated metric in HoF consideration and voting. 

Some who deserve in won't because they played on bad teams while some who weren't that great but just happened to be in the right situation to get a ring gets a gold coat. 

It takes more than one to win it all. 

Does he deserve to be first ballot? Yes

Will he get it? Who knows. 

Voting can be so fickle and their voting doesn't always make sense. If for some reason they feel slighted by #89, they may make him wait. 

If they were voting for the guy with the biggest chip on his shoulder, there doesn't even need to be a vote. Sr is sitting on his throne at the head of the HoF.

13 hours ago, rayzor said:

Rings are such an overrated metric in HoF consideration and voting. 

Some who deserve in won't because they played on bad teams while some who weren't that great but just happened to be in the right situation to get a ring gets a gold coat. 

It takes more than one to win it all. 

Terry Bradshaw comes to mind....

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Based on who he’s up against, yeah first ballot, he owns a good bit of playoff records boldin nor Andre come close to 

I don’t think Anquan Boldin is a HOF WR. He was always in the good but not great crowd, and he was never the type of dominating player Smitty was. Teams did not have to scheme around Boldin and for most of his career he was WR2 on his own team.