• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Thanksgiving Menu Thread

Captain Morgan

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Smoked beef(TBD), vanilla bean whipped sweet potatoes, stuffed peppers(working on the recipe), other TBD veggie.

Collaborative effort for the meal so details still being worked out.

Much craft beer and bourbon will flow.

see, I'd love to do a prime rib, but one of my dang sisters does't want that.  That vanilla bean whipped sweet potato thing sounds very good, haven't heard of that before.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

Today I am brining our 15lb bird. Brand new roasting pan to bake that bad boy tomorrow. 

My scalloped potatoes are legendary in my family.

Along with my scratch made green bean casserole. I even fry my own onion strips. 

Sweet potato casserole and pecan pie made by my wife. 

Other trimmings and fixings I don’t know about yet. 

My favorite holiday!

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

see, I'd love to do a prime rib, but one of my dang sisters does't want that.  That vanilla bean whipped sweet potato thing sounds very good, haven't heard of that before.

Stupid simple, got it from Food & Wine years ago.

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/vanilla-bean-whipped-sweet-potatoes

Have done a Thanksgiving prime rib before. fuging epic upgrade on turkey 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Going simple this year.... 12lb turkey tittie, home made dressing and gravy with a side of cranberry sauce and a relish tray...and a pumpkin role.... no mash taters...no funky sweet potatoes...no corn, no egg noodles...no greenbean or squash casserole or pies.... will be following it up with some surf and turf on Saturday...

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

not that anyone needs another recipe to try for Thanksgiving, but ran across this one years ago and really liked it....easy too.

asparagus casserolle

I never added the water chestnuts, but the toasted buttered bread is essential for texture and flavor.

2 cans asparagus "drained"

1 large can Lesuer English Peas "do not drain"

1 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup

1 can water chestnuts

1 stick butter

4 slices white bread. Trim off edges and cut into strips "3 strips per slice"

1/2 lb shreaded cheese "2 cups"  (I always used cheddar)

Grease a 9x13 dish. Layer asparagus over the bottom of the dish. Mix peas and mushroom soup and pour over asparagus. Layer water chestnuts over mixture. Top with cheese.

Dredge strips of bread on both sides in melted butter. Lay bread on top of cheese and bake at 350 deg for 40 min.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

We're having turkey, turkey, turkey!  3 turkeys!  I hate turkey!  I love the dressing.  I've asked for prime rib for Thanksgiving and Christmas for my 49 years of marriage and still haven't gotten.

I'll eat turkey and enjoy it.  Scotch after the meal.

Bye the way, why 3 turkeys, we're having 26 people at my house.  Hopefully kungoodude will invite me to his house.

Edited by ThPantherFan
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 1

Dry rubbed turkey, start with breast side down on a bed of carrots, celery, onion and Granny Smith apple, then flip bird to breast up, 375 for 30 minutes to brown the top.  Use the aromatics, white wine and pan drippings to make a killer gravy.

Sour cream rustic mashed potatoes, peas, sausage and apple cornbread stuffing.  LOTS of butter in everything.  

Chilled apple cider.  Chocolate pecan, pumpkin and apple pies with scoops of vanilla ice cream.

Pass out later.

• Pie 3

7 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

Turkey at Thanksgiving but standing rib roast Christmas Eve.  Horse radish and sour cream mash potatoes.  Yumm.

• Pie 3