• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pot Roast ripping into Defense on sidelines Sunday

raleigh-panther

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is reminiscent of when a fighter's corner is screaming random things at their fighter like "get up!" or "you gotta do something!" with no specific technical instruction. You're not adding anything more than random fan could add.

Reminds me of my last job.  Our boss would tell my buddy to “step up” constantly, but with no actual instruction on how to do so.  He ended up getting fired.  Poor guy

• Pie 4

I think he felt the effort wasn’t even there 

I mean, unlike all of us, he played defense in the NFL 

And yes, the DC and position coaches can talk to them about positioning and gap control but from watching this clip, I feel like PR felt these guys were going through the motions 

it’s one of the things that really concerns me about this team.  They remind of that bully in the movie ‘A Christmas Story’ who terrorizes all the school kids, until one school kid fights back and then it’s ‘tail between the legs time”.

• Pie 2

I mean... was he supposed to go on the field and point their assignments out for them after the snap?

The expectations of some folks... yeesh.

Love seeing this fire on the sidelines. Just need it to be shown on the field as well.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 3

A lot of times when a defense is getting gashed in the running game it’s not just about effort or having bigger players, it’s about discipline.

Gap responsibility and doing your assignment is paramount and my guess is this is why you are hearing all of these comments about leadership needing to hold people accountable.

• Beer 2

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is reminiscent of when a fighter's corner is screaming random things at their fighter like "get up!" or "you gotta do something!" with no specific technical instruction. You're not adding anything more than random fan could add.

You saw a 21 second clip.