• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pot Roast ripping into Defense on sidelines Sunday

raleigh-panther

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Props to Pot Roast...

Belichick would cut a player or two, send a message...

...Rhule would do well to emulate the best that ever lived.  

Rhule isn’t man enough, he’s not a real coach. Needs to go back to college and coach boys because he can’t coach men!

11 hours ago, PandaMan said:

Reminds me of my last job.  Our boss would tell my buddy to “step up” constantly, but with no actual instruction on how to do so.  He ended up getting fired.  Poor guy

I worked in personal finance for a while. Our Step-by-step guidance on selling a motorist assistance add-on product was “step 1: it sells itself. Get out there and sell!”. 

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, AU-panther said:

A lot of times when a defense is getting gashed in the running game it’s not just about effort or having bigger players, it’s about discipline.

Gap responsibility and doing your assignment is paramount and my guess is this is why you are hearing all of these comments about leadership needing to hold people accountable.

That's coaching. They couldn't counter the zone blocking and players were confused and looking for answers on the field.

Prototypes are for a reason. When they started fundamentally picking apart Dom Capers 3-4 he had nowhere to hide. Ron tried to go 3-4 a while there. 

To me it should be less of a scheme and more of a personell package according to who's on the field because we're running a multifaceted 4-3 with some hybrid players.

We've got to go after DT and OL to get back to big boy ball this coming season.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

That's coaching. They couldn't counter the zone blocking and players were confused and looking for answers on the field.

Prototypes are for a reason. When they started fundamentally picking apart Dom Capers 3-4 he had nowhere to hide. Ron tried to go 3-4 a while there. 

To me it should be less of a scheme and more of a personell package according to who's on the field because we're running a multifaceted 4-3 with some hybrid players.

We've got to go after DT and OL to get back to big boy ball this coming season.

We are 6th in the league in points allowed, but by all means lets go to big boy ball so we stop the few teams that run on us but then we can complain that we can't stop 75% of the teams that throw on us.

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Opponent Points per Game | TeamRankings.com

Don't get me wrong, its never a bad idea to add talent, my point earlier is often when a team has sucess running on you its not just because your players aren't "big enough", often players are following their assignments.

Personally I think this is why there has been all this chatter of leaders have to hold people accountable.

Edited by AU-panther

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't recall Belichick cutting players left and right to "send a message." 

Hard to win games when you cut starters.

SizzleBuzz will show his age and send you desktop computer pictures to try to validate his argument. Maybe even with an unfunny nickname sprinkled in here and there 

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1