• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

11/28 Game Thread, Capitals @ Canes 1:00PM

Harbingers

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Everything else? Ya. “Deserved” penalties. a slash on Aho? When he clearly hit the bottom third of the stick? Canes have a whole lot of karma stored up. 

I agree some of the penalties were called correctly, but that "slash" was game changing and the amount of times Washington could have been called penalties but weren't is frustrating. 

Hockey gods should really be on our side for awhile after the last week we've had.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I agree some of the penalties were called correctly, but that "slash" was game changing and the amount of times Washington could have been called penalties but weren't is frustrating. 

Hockey gods should really be on our side for awhile after the last week we've had.

That just boggles my mind cause I’m pretty sure Aho hasn’t hit the box this season. We play one of our best games this season but the refs hit us with a 5-3? Absolute trash. If it was a deserved penalty? No problem. But Aho never got close to a slash. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

16 hours ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

I didn’t realize we only had a couple home games before we go back on a road trip. We just got back from the west coast, we have 2 more home games after Dallas then it’s right back up to Canada. Jeez that’s miserable 

Yeah, this is a tough stretch coming up:

11/30: @ Dallas

12/2: Ottawa

12/4: Buffalo

12/7: @ Winnipeg Jets

12/9: @ Calgary Flames

12/11: @ Edmonton Oilers

12/12: @ Vancouver Canucks

12/14: @ Minnesota Wild

• Pie 2

I just want the refs to call it down the middle, and just like with the Panthers it just seems the Canes do not get the calls like some other teams do.  I don't know if it's because we are a "small" market team or the refs truly don't like us, but I've seen plenty this year where other teams get away with "judgement" penalties and we don't....especially in critical situations.

Just have to persevere and hope RBA and Waddell are talking to NHL officials and maybe that will make some kind of difference.  If it continues I wouldn't be surprised if RBA drops a couple of bombs during a press conference and ponies up the fine.

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I just want the refs to call it down the middle, and just like with the Panthers it just seems the Canes do not get the calls like some other teams do.  I don't know if it's because we are a "small" market team or the refs truly don't like us, but I've seen plenty this year where other teams get away with "judgement" penalties and we don't....especially in critical situations.

Just have to persevere and hope RBA and Waddell are talking to NHL officials and maybe that will make some kind of difference.  If it continues I wouldn't be surprised if RBA drops a couple of bombs during a press conference and ponies up the fine.

The only arguable point was that Aho broke the stick. But it’s clear as day he’s going for the puck which then offsets the slashing. The rest of the penalties I could live with. But that was an absolute trash call.  

• Pie 2

16 hours ago, Harbingers said:

The only arguable point was that Aho broke the stick. But it’s clear as day he’s going for the puck which then offsets the slashing. The rest of the penalties I could live with. But that was an absolute trash call.  

Not to mention the ref didn't call it until Ovechkin raised his arm and yelled at the ref, in pure Tom Brady fashion, telling him to make the call.

• Pie 1