• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Clean House Thread

Zod

16 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Reload don't rebuild. That's how you keep your job in the NFL, no matter what the owner says.

You have to build and establish something to be able to “reload”. The cupboard was pretty bare plus a hurt Cam when Rhule got here. I will wait to make a judgement until the end of the year. Right now, a lack of execution is starting to wear on me… but the sky isn’t falling. Sometimes you are what you are… and our O line is bad. 

I said we'd struggle to win six. That was with Sam and this defense. I said, then, that the defense would beast but the offense would continue to struggle scoring enough points to win.

Clout is key in the NFL. Especially at coach, you need juice. Nobody in the NFL wants to hear about college. You have to lead grown men and it's pressure and you need a good system and staff.

Some guys come with a NFL staff and systems. If we're making the best college team ever, ok, but c'mon.

• Pie 2

48 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

You have to build and establish something to be able to “reload”. The cupboard was pretty bare plus a hurt Cam when Rhule got here. I will wait to make a judgement until the end of the year. Right now, a lack of execution is starting to wear on me… but the sky isn’t falling. Sometimes you are what you are… and our O line is bad. 

People lose jobs in the NFL for not being able to adjust.

Rebuilding is a gimmick. Admitted weakness and happiness about weakness and foolery to get where exactly? We can already see dad is lost and never listened to the GPS anyways. The look on his face today. Did you see it? He looked like a man ready to accept his fate. The NFL pays a lot for a reason. Not For Long

Nobody has time for rebuilding no matter what the owner says.

There is a flaw in coaching they don't know how to counterpunch. 

• Flames 1

7 hours ago, Jesse said:

Kellen Moore is not cut out for being a head coach lol. Just because he’s done well as an OC does not mean he’ll translate to a HC. 

Yeah he has done well as a OC with Dak, a top OL, Elliott, Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, and Pollard. If we are going with a OC that can coach a loaded offense, at least Leftwich got a ring with his. 
If Tomlin gets let go, it’s a no brained to me.. 

1 hour ago, Actionman0z said:

The Dolphins OL is actually worse than ours. I’ll take losing to good teams while we are “rebuilding” (which is total bull poo, we are trying to win now), but getting blown out by bottom tier teams and lack of discipline by our players all falls back to our coaches. Our team has way too much talent to get crushed like that by Miami.

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

The Dolphins OL is actually worse than ours. I’ll take losing to good teams while we are “rebuilding” (which is total bull poo, we are trying to win now), but getting blown out by bottom tier teams and lack of discipline by our players all falls back to our coaches. Our team has way too much talent to get crushed like that by Miami.

Do the players play or do the coaches play? Do you see crazy busted assignments, or do you see one guy missing a block (Chuba Hubbard) on the punt, went outside instead of inside which is a high school mistake, Burris missing a wide open tackle on Waddle (one of the fastest WR in the NFL, take your pick of OL holding or false starting, particularly after a nice run… that’s what I see. I don’t see busted coverages. I see a smallish defense get bullied by jumbo packages or 3 TE sets, guys missing fits trying to be a hero… if we didn’t have self inflicted offensive woes, teams wouldn’t be able to stick to their game plan… and we could force them out of what they want to do…. We did that in every single win. Every play designed offensively if executed right can score. Every defense play designed if executed right should result in a 0 yard gain, or a pass breakup without a penalty. We can “adjust” only so much based on available personnel. Games are won by who executes better. Case In point. Nobody talks about the fact that the Panthers had a better defensive performance in the Super Bowl, because we lost. Turnovers killed us. But all that was overshadowed by a 24-10 loss. What people should be mad at is the fact that with this staff, players aren’t improving. It’s the staffs job to develop players, and teach them how to do it better. So far, they aren’t doing that to the degree that they should be. The staff should be accountable for that. But let’s see where this goes. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, chbright said:

Carroll was an ex-NFL guy and even HC in the NFL who went to USC after not getting the expected success in NE. not really your traditional college HC. Note the guy that followed him in in NE is Billy B. Even Kraft said Carroll got a raw deal in NE when he let him go.

Hence, a little different