• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Clean House Thread

Zod

14 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

From what I hear people inside the building love Scott and believe he can build a team but coaching (especially positional coaches) are piss poor and that if we finish 5-12 Rhule will be gone.

Hope this is true. At least the seriousness of it and not giving rhule time if things remain the same. The only caveat I have of rhule staying is if he fires his positional coaches and coordinators. I’m ok with snow staying though I think.  I’m ok with him learning on the job as long as he has people around him that have major nfl experience. That was to be expected with the jump to the pros from college.  But if he is hesitant about firing coaches and bringing in nfl experience he needs to be shown the door quickly without hesitation.

I’m not sure what to make of fitterer to be honest. Is he just a yes man to rhule? I’d have to know how that working relationship works. I do actually like our front office on paper. Dan Morgan is very good. He did great things in Buffalo. We have a good cap guy. Scott comes from a great org and I like the aggressiveness. We just jumped the gun too early but when we have the pieces I like being aggressive to attempt to put us over the top. I’m guessing that’s him because Seattle does these types of things. The coaching is just majorly suspect at this point and needs an overhaul.

the biggest question I have is who wanted Darnold without having a backup plan. And who thought a 2nd rounder was ok to trade for the worst starting qb in the league? Was this a coaching staff decision moreso then the front office? That’s where the blame needs to go.  How much is on rhule and how much is on fitterer?

People loved Hurney too...

No matter how you spin it, Fritterer had a hand in this mess and incompetence. Hell, just being Rhule's GM should be enough to want to go in a different direction. What hire did Rhule make with his staff here that was ever a good hire? Yeah we need a new GM or we will be in the same sad spot in another 2 years, maybe worse.

• Pie 3

27 minutes ago, Waldo said:

People loved Hurney too...

No matter how you spin it, Fritterer had a hand in this mess and incompetence. Hell, just being Rhule's GM should be enough to want to go in a different direction. What hire did Rhule make with his staff here that was ever a good hire? Yeah we need a new GM or we will be in the same sad spot in another 2 years, maybe worse.

I am a fan of Fitts, but he did make several crucial mistakes in year 1.

Passing on Fields/Slater for Horn….and then trading for two CBs. 

Going “trade-back crazy” in the draft while OL are flying off the boards, then settling on Christensen.

Taking a LS, while Jensen is here and bypassing a starting caliber G is awful

Signing Elfelin/Erving on day 1 of FA

Trading Perryman

Trading a 2nd and 4th rounder for a garbage QB….and then picking up his $18M option.

Again, I like Fitterer’s style and trust he will right the ship. Mistakes are made by all GMs and the “what if” game is always played after a draft…hindsight is 20-20. 

8 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Going “trade-back crazy” in the draft while OL are flying off the boards, then settling on Christensen.

Trading Perryman

Trading a 2nd and 4th rounder for a garbage QB….and then picking up his $18M option.

Again, I like Fitterer’s style and trust he will right the ship. Mistakes are made by all GMs and the “what if” game is always played after a draft…hindsight is 20-20. 

I don't have that trust in him. I am very concerned about that guy helping with the next coach search. His positives are heavily outweighed by his negatives.

We need a better GM before we hire the next batch. The fact is we hired him to be a GM under Rhule, that eliminated all of the good GM options off the top form the get go.

I have no idea why people rally behind the guy, he is no different than the rest of the staff. He just seems like the new Hurney here.

14 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Trading Perryman

Agree on most points. Though, I think Perryman clearly didn’t vibe with the team or staff and wanted out. He wasn’t playing here. 

There was some really nice OL talent we passed on trading back and when Marshall was taken. That’s the toughest to part to take.

Edited by saX man
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Trading Perryman

All the people in the FO I am not ready to give up on Fitterer. Everyone else can go. 
But he needs to can it with the trades. It was cute last draft, but we now only have 1 pick in the first 3 rounds thanks to some win-now trades and we desperately needed picks 1-3 this offseason. 

15 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

From what I hear people inside the building love Scott and believe he can build a team but coaching (especially positional coaches) are piss poor and that if we finish 5-12 Rhule will be gone.

I hope the 5-12 record isn’t the only thing that will get him gone. 
There is way more damning evidence why Rhule needs to be gone besides a 5-12 record. 

I’ve watched the Panthers in person and on tv since their inception 

lve watched the NFL with family and friends since I was six years old. Several of those friends coached or played football at the colleaigtant level  

I’m old and I’ve seen a lot of the NFL 

I’ve seen enough to know this coaching staff is lost and they will not get better  

they simply won’t because Rhule thinks he is somehow smarter than the men who ‘outplay and out coach” his words, him week after week

the very most basic of things that is required at the highest level, this brain trust does not do and worse, show no compunction to do or worst, doesn’t know how to do 

Neither in year 1 or year 2, the Panthers  didnt do those basic things in the off season, in the draft, in free agency, in preseason or in the regular season required to compete 

we know what those things are but the most basic of concepts, how in god’s  name does a team pass on Slater at LT for Horn or again in the second, an average WR bypassing the LTs sitting there …..what winning  organization does that ?

Tepper will keep Rhule and his Temple and Baylor friends for another year or two but the fans today, the long term fans that pay for the PSLs, won’t be there.  We will sell or we will turn them in and take no pleasure in doing it 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I’ve watched the Panthers in person and on tv since their inception 

lve watched the NFL with family and friends since I was six years old. Several of those friends coached or played football at the colleaigtant level  

I’m old and I’ve seen a lot of the NFL 

I’ve seen enough to know this coaching staff is lost and they will not get better  

they simply won’t because Rhule thinks he is somehow smarter than the men who ‘outplay and out coach” his words, him week after week

the very most basic of things that is required at the highest level, this brain trust does not do and worse, show no compunction to do or worst, doesn’t know how to do 

Neither in year 1 or year 2, the Panthers  didnt do those basic things in the off season, in the draft, in free agency, in preseason or in the regular season required to compete 

we know what those things are but the most basic of concepts, how in god’s  name does a team pass on Slater at LT for Horn or again in the second, an average WR bypassing the LTs sitting there …..what winning  organization does that ?

Tepper will keep Rhule and his Temple and Baylor friends for another year or two but the fans today, the long term fans that pay for the PSLs, won’t be there.  We will sell or we will turn them in and take no pleasure in doing it 

the odds of this experiment where you transplant a collegiate staff almost in it’s entirety to the nfl, and it pans out, was always infinitesimally small

then you give that HC executive personnel control?

People can yammer about his contract and nfl norms as much as they like-there was never a real chance this was going to work out, especially in this power structure. Pretty funny for a team talking so much about analytics to make such a low percentage play.

Edit: tepper desperately wanted to be the guy who thought outside the box, defied the norms, and introduced a new way of thinking to the league, it was just as important to him as finding a qualified candidate.

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 1

9 hours ago, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

We need help everywhere perryman wouldnt do diddly squat against a team with good TEs

Perryman has been very good this year overall. 

and yeah, he isn't a coverage LB.  If you ask to him to cover Travis Kelce you are going to have a bad time.  

It's like saying Brian Burns is trash because he doesn't play the run well.  It's up to coaches to put them in the right spots for success. 

No one is claiming Perryman is the goat.  But we can't stop teams that lineup and pound it right at us.  That is literally what Perryman does well.  Not sure why you wouldn't of preferred to just keep that on the roster. 

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Writing was already on the wall this offseason....when Rhule constantly told us how he wanted other coaches to run the joint practices entirely (and he was basically just along for the ride) and praised other teams as being something they hoped to be.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Perryman has been very good this year overall. 

and yeah, he isn't a coverage LB.  If you ask to him to cover Travis Kelce you are going to have a bad time.  

It's like saying Brian Burns is trash because he doesn't play the run well.  It's up to coaches to put them in the right spots for success. 

a linebacker who played the run well sure could be of real use to this team right now but a few losses were worth it I guess so that the Panthers could look culturally acceptable to the right people.

I wonder if they’ll dole out championship trophies based on vaccination percentages at seasons end.