• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Clean House Thread

Zod

16 minutes ago, ENCPantherfan2 said:

This needs to happen at minimum. I really do question his eye for talent. If he doesn't like it, then he goes the way of Chip Kelly.

Unless Rhule gives up control, I fear we will see hyper short term moves like Bill O'Brian was making toward the end of his run.

I'd retain Phil Snow as assistant head coach. I'd bring in Scott Turner as HC/OC.

Wholesale change is overrated and often underdelivers.

If not that I'd turn it all over to Jon Gruden(pricey).

My third guy...Rod Chudzinsky , head coaching experience, offensive guru especially with TEs, former Panther coach(like Scott), Knows Cam and could quickly put together an offense to get the most out of Cam and the other QBs. Rod deserves another shot at HC. There would be no better organization, QB or opportunity for him personally.

Being here in Charlotte, although it's a hidden gem, it doesn't have the big market pull but if you can take advantage of talent that has been here already the almost always ready willing and hopeful to come back to Charlotte.

That's who Scott Turner is and same with Chud. They know this city.

21 hours ago, rippadonn said:

I'd retain Phil Snow as assistant head coach. I'd bring in Scott Turner as HC/OC.

Wholesale change is overrated and often underdelivers.

If not that I'd turn it all over to Jon Gruden(pricey).

My third guy...Rod Chudzinsky , head coaching experience, offensive guru especially with TEs, former Panther coach(like Scott), Knows Cam and could quickly put together an offense to get the most out of Cam and the other QBs. Rod deserves another shot at HC. There would be no better organization, QB or opportunity for him personally.

Being here in Charlotte, although it's a hidden gem, it doesn't have the big market pull but if you can take advantage of talent that has been here already the almost always ready willing and hopeful to come back to Charlotte.

That's who Scott Turner is and same with Chud. They know this city.

Turner's an interesting idea but I'm not sure he has enough experience yet as an OC.

Rod would be someone I'd consider as OC provided someone like Turner got HC in order to help with experience behind the scenes.  His Browns tenure makes me very leery about him as a HC though.

Gruden...I don't know how he coaches again, at least at the NFL level, after the email debacle.

This is just so disheartening.  I didn't care much for the Rhule idea, especially at the length of his contract, but had to try to hope for the best.  I think it's evident he has completely failed.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

43 minutes ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

Turner's an interesting idea but I'm not sure he has enough experience yet as an OC.

Rod would be someone I'd consider as OC provided someone like Turner got HC in order to help with experience behind the scenes.  His Browns tenure makes me very leery about him as a HC though.

Gruden...I don't know how he coaches again, at least at the NFL level, after the email debacle.

This is just so disheartening.  I didn't care much for the Rhule idea, especially at the length of his contract, but had to try to hope for the best.  I think it's evident he has completely failed.

Scott has OC experience as a Panthers coach and Washington. I really think he's ready, more ready than Rhule was. Having Norv Turner on speed dial, really helps too.

Chud having been an OC and that one year as a head coach is more ready than Rhule. Chud had a super creative offense and had a rhythm calling plays, and knew how to call plays on down and distance.

Cleveland will always suck. Belichick was fired after one year in Cleveland too. That might just be a badge of honor.

1 hour ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

He doesn't, and nobody's looking at him as a head coaching candidate right now (there are way better options).

As for Rob Chudzinski, seriously doubt he gets another head coaching job in the NFL anytime soon after that disaster in Houston. Hell, he's not even an OC in the pros right now (some kind of special consultant something or other at Boston college).

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He doesn't, and nobody's looking at him as a head coaching candidate right now (there are way better options).

As for Rob Chudzinski, seriously doubt he gets another head coaching job in the NFL anytime soon after that disaster in Houston. Hell, he's not even an OC in the pros right now (some kind of special consultant something or other at Boston college).

Yeah, either one has more NFL experience than Rhule, thus would be better than what we've got. Plus, ownership, although he may, shouldn't have the stomach for another high dollar coaching mistake after what he did with Rhule. I'm on the Scott Turner wagon although that's not the sexy name like Daboll. His NFL pedigree and resources are impeccable and he's a good/creative offensive mind. No they're not talking but they should be. 

8 hours ago, jerrya said:

Rhule was under tremendous pressure to get a staff together especially with Covid 19 running rampant.  Now after 1 normal year as HC, I think he will evaluate the total situation and make changes where he see fit.

Hahahah no. 

Matt Rhule is a bottom-3 coach in NFL history and he only hires his friends and his yes-men from college. He’s the architect of turning a mediocre NFL franchise into a bottom-3 franchise, and paired with David Tepper as an owner, there’s great potential for 2019-2029 being like 2008-18 for the Cleveland Browns. 

• Beer 1

I want Rhule fired but does anyone actually think that is going to happen after two years.  By the way people thinking Tepper had brass balls were wrong, he doesn’t have any at all. What an embarrassment he has made this team, probably doing it so all the fans won’t come and then he can move the team.

2 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

I want Rhule fired but does anyone actually think that is going to happen after two years.  By the way people thinking Tepper had brass balls were wrong, he doesn’t have any at all. What an embarrassment he has made this team, probably doing it so all the fans won’t come and then he can move the team.

He's building an enormous new facility to move the team. How do you come uo with this nonsense?  You are more full of poo than Rhule