• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So does PJ start next week? Does anyone even care?

hepcat

On 11/29/2021 at 1:01 PM, micnificent28 said:

Bro how u 2-0 without throwing but 1 touchdown ever. Came has scored six since being back and is 0-2. That tells you wins and losses aren't an individual accomplishment but a product of overall team play. Quarterbacks are not the only deciding factor in who wins and who loses. 1 touchdown ever isn't beating any team.

yeah you can, there are quarterbacks right now, winning and only throwing 1 touchdown here, 2 touch downs there. see, i will never understand how pj walker got under yalls skin.

1 hour ago, Tinamedina said:

yeah you can, there are quarterbacks right now, winning and only throwing 1 touchdown here, 2 touch downs there. see, i will never understand how pj walker got under yalls skin.

Sure you can win throwing 1 touchdown here and there with the  85 bears defense. im juist saying he isnt very good. Probably wouldnt be in the nfl if not for rhule.  Doesnt get under my skin at all i know who he is.

2 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Sure you can win throwing 1 touchdown here and there with the  85 bears defense. im juist saying he isnt very good. Probably wouldnt be in the nfl if not for rhule.  Doesnt get under my skin at all i know who he is.

and yall said that about taylor heineke. everything yall say about pj can easily be applied to taylor heineke. difference is, rivera allowed heineke to develop, make his mistakes and learn. rivera never put heineke in at the last minute and force him to play hero ball. and they both played for the XFL, not for nothing. and now, heineke is going to the playoffs. and before you say heineke is better than pj, he's not. pj has a much stronger arm. this organization is impatient, and they don't want to develop anybody.

46 minutes ago, Tinamedina said:

and yall said that about taylor heineke. everything yall say about pj can easily be applied to taylor heineke. difference is, rivera allowed heineke to develop, make his mistakes and learn. rivera never put heineke in at the last minute and force him to play hero ball. and they both played for the XFL, not for nothing. and now, heineke is going to the playoffs. and before you say heineke is better than pj, he's not. pj has a much stronger arm. this organization is impatient, and they don't want to develop anybody.

Develop? Into what? A journeyman backup?

There's this narrative that Heinicke was the twinkle in Ron Rivera's eye and he always knew he had something special, just had to let him develop and learn how to be a pro.  As if he's been riding the bench there for years and finally got his chance.

In reality he had been cut like 50 times and was on the couch when WFT brought him in last year.  He figured his NFL career was over and was taking online classes to set up the rest of his adult life.  This is similar to how every year somebody says "you know I can think of a guy who was drafted in the 6th round once who turned out to be a pretty good QB... " during the draft.  Heinicke is on a magic carpet ride right now and it's a fun story and all that, but for every one of him there are a dozen others who wash out of the league every year and are never heard from again.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

There's this narrative that Heinicke was the twinkle in Ron Rivera's eye and he always knew he had something special, just had to let him develop and learn how to be a pro.  As if he's been riding the bench there for years and finally got his chance.

In reality he had been cut like 50 times and was on the couch when WFT brought him in last year.  He figured his NFL career was over and was taking online classes to set up the rest of his adult life.  This is similar to how every year somebody says "you know I can think of a guy who was drafted in the 6th round once who turned out to be a pretty good QB... " during the draft.  Heinicke is on a magic carpet ride right now and it's a fun story and all that, but for every one of him there are a dozen others who wash out of the league every year and are never heard from again.

Heinicke’s main issue was staying healthy. I said before when we had him all the way to today that he’s got some baller in him. Big arm and makes poo happen. He has some special traits. It’s definitely bullshit that Rivera knew he had something in him because he’s been cut however many times but the dude can be a quality starter in the league. Just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

Heinicke’s main issue was staying healthy. I said before when we had him all the way to today that he’s got some baller in him. Big arm and makes poo happen. He has some special traits. It’s definitely bullshit that Rivera knew he had something in him because he’s been cut however many times but the dude can be a quality starter in the league. Just my opinion. 

I  hope my last post didn't imply that I think the dude is trash or something.  He can clearly play in this league and at worst will probably be a Ryan Fitzpatrick or Matt Moore who just seems to hang around the NFL forever, assuming he stays healthy.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

I  hope my last post didn't imply that I think the dude is trash or something.  He can clearly play in this league and at worst will probably be a Ryan Fitzpatrick or Matt Moore who just seems to hang around the NFL forever, assuming he stays healthy.

Naw I was just adding to what you said. I remember when he was here you’d see the flashes of big time throws but in those same games he’d have to leave because he injured something. He was constantly getting fuged up. I remember that one game when he was playing with like a broken arm or dislocated shoulder? Looking back maybe that had more to do with the line we’ve had here being awful and wft has a really good line. 

3 hours ago, Tinamedina said:

In no Universe is PJ better than Heinicke. 

16 hours ago, Tinamedina said:

I never said that about heineke...but that's true he could develop. Heineke had even less playing time than Walker we have seen more of Walker than we did of Taylor and Taylor wasn't throwing early as many ints.