• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How does a team just keep getting worse and worse?

ladypanther

Maybe we should start the practice team next game.. also move the starters to the practice squad.. yes it would be really bad.. maybe worse.. But maybe the practice scrubs would play win or lose with more effort, like the kind of 'I want the job" effort..  and let's try a new coaching staff at this point.. 

Sorry for the ridiculous post..just soooooi frustrated with the team at this point.

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

Non-professional coaching leads to unprofessional teams.

Unprofessional teams decide to start their bye weeks early. They also start the off season in December.

Oh look! Here comes a bye week followed by December.

Cue Don Meredith singing, "Turn out the lights, the party is over."

Hey you stole my line from the game chat about Dandy Don 

lol.  You know I still can’t believe Cosell was from Winston Salem 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Non-professional coaching leads to unprofessional teams.

Unprofessional teams decide to start their bye weeks early. They also start the off season in December.

Oh look! Here comes a bye week followed by December.

Cue Don Meredith singing, "Turn out the lights, the party is over."

https://youtu.be/CtGxusvUT3k

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, jopie87 said:

Other teams have coaching staffs full of NFL experience. They see on the film what this team can and cannot do. They plan accordingly. 

This staff doesn't have that knowledge at the NFL level. It's not just the head coach. All of our most important coaching positions are held by guys who made their name at the college level.

We have two options:

1. Go through the growing pains and hope they figure it out at the NFL level

2. Blow it up and try again with another staff

Right now, the league has them figured out, and they can't figure out other teams.

Yep .. to me, making this situation worse is not only do we have a from college head coach, the entire staff are from college.  I’ve seen enough and based on the fact college coaches rarely have success in the NFL, I’m ready to move on to new staff to facilitate the inevitable now.  This is why your option to let them figure it out, isn’t an option for me.  

• Pie 1

The franchise is a full blown dumpster fire now. They tried to make a patchwork rebuild and compete now. Traded away picks we need. The correct thing to have done has draft oline and defense. Take our lumps for 2-3 years and turn that draft capital into a new team. Hopefully along the way we pick up a young franchise QB in the draft.